The Great Escape

In this chapter, the boys leave town. In the next chapter, they'll arrive in LA and a certain missing BTR boy just might sneak into the picture. It'll only be Carlos who knows at first, though So next chapter is when it will begin to get more interesting :) These first chapters were just showing the boys making the decision to leave. So yeah, the next chapter and all the ones following it will be MUCH better ;) xoxoxo, Brooke

_____________________________________________________________________________

“You sure are busy today, DQ.” Carlos whispered as he pulled up to Dairy Queen. As soon as he got up this morning and his parents left for work, he called up Kendall and Logan to meet him here because he was going to tell them all about the big plan. He had a hard time falling asleep last night because he couldn’t stop thinking about it! Part of him felt bad for wanting to leave, but at this point, it seemed to be necessary for the sake of his sanity. He supposed that he had snapped and was looking for just about any kind of escape.

“Seriously, so many people.” Dairy Queen always seemed to be busy, but today was ridiculous.

He finally managed to get inside, making his way over to their usual table at the back of the restaurant. To his excitement (and anxiety), Kendall and Logan were already there, looking...well, far from happy. Especially Logan.

“Why’d you invite us here? I’d rather be in bed.” The young genius groaned, burying his head in his arms. All Carlos did was give them a smile and place the sheets of paper (filled with Palm Woods info) on the table. There was no way they could say no once they heard his plan.

“What’s this?” Kendall wondered.

“This is the famous Palm Woods Hotel in Los Angeles. It use to be reserved for aspiring performers only, but this year they opened it to the entire public.” Carlos kept his voice low, not wanting to give the plan away. “And Kendall, didn’t you say yesterday that you wished you could leave this town and do things your way?”

“Yeah, but what does that have to do with a fancy LA hotel?”

“We’re gonna leave town tonight. I get sick and tired of my dad forcing me to become a police officer like him, I know you don’t want to be forced to practice hockey every single day of your life and, Logan, let’s be honest, do you really want to spend every single day studying? I know it's important, but your parents push you so hard..."

“Well...” Logan hesitated. “Yeah, not really.” He took a breath. “So, what are you saying?”

“We go home in a sec and, while our parents are gone, we pack our things and we leave. After my parents left this morning, I printed some directions. So, what do you guys say? Wanna reclaim our freedom and finally do things our way for once?” Carlos was always up for an adventure, and this sounded like one hell of an adventure.

Silence...

More silence....

Oh, would they just talk?!

“Okay, but if we do this, we don’t have any money. How are we gonna manage ourselves with no money?” Logan wondered.

“Easy.” Carlos smirked. “We all get allowances, so we just take our allowances and we’re good. We’ve all been saving up for something important, right?”

“Well, yeah....”

“Then we’re good!” Carlos adamantly insisted. “Come on, let’s do it. Let’s go right now.” 

He could see that both of his best friends were still having doubts, but he would prove it to them. He would prove that this was a good idea. Springfield held too much pressure, too many memories. Carlos had been miserable in this town ever since that life changing night last year. Sure, he tried to be strong so he wouldn’t worry his parents, but the end result was him sinking into a depression, and promptly being forced into therapy.