A Ghetto Love Story {^*^} (13)

OK, so here's the next part guyyzzzz...... :P

Gonna be mucho dramatic, I don't joke, so brace yourselves hehe :)

___________________

___________________

 I followed RJ up the stairs and into in the wing. He led me down the hall to his apartment door and pulled a key out of his back pocket. He put it through the lock and opened the door. I was automatically greeted by a delicious aroma. "Damn!" I shouted. "What is that? It smells hecka good!"

 "Oh," RJ said dismissively. "That's just our new cook Dena. Hey Dena!" he shouted out.

 I saw a round, flushed woman come out of the kitchen with a red face. "Hello, dearie! I'm just making some blueberry muffins. Would you like some?"

 "No thanks," he said. He turned to me. "You?"

 "No, I'm good," I said quickly. "I'm good," I said, waving my hands frantically.

 "Alrightey then," she said with a big smile.

 I smiled and looked over at RJ. "Are you kidding me?" I asked excitedly. "You have a dayum cook??"

 "Yeah, that's how I roll, baby," he said with a grin.

 "Sure it is," I said, rolling my eyes.

 "Now, come on, gotta ask MJ for a ride," he said, grabbing my hand and leading my down the hallway.

 We walked down the white-washed-wall hallway to MJ's room. Before we could even get through the door, a dark shadow blocked our path.

 We both looked up slowly and at the same time. We saw Mr. G hovering over us. I crossed my arms angrily. "May we help you?"

 He gave me the look-down and turned to RJ. "Where are you going?"

 "Just gonna ask MJ for a ride, dad," he said quickly.

 It almost looked like Mr. G blinked at 'dad'.

 "Yeah, gramps, so move it," I said, trying to walk past him.

 "I didn't ask what you were doing, I asked where you were going," he said, voice and face still as blank as before.

 "Oh," RJ said, in any other voice than his own. "We're gonna go to Manhattan," he said in a low, timid voice.

 Mr. G frowned deeply. "Manhattan? And you didn't think it would be important to ask me about this?"

 RJ looked down. "I just wanted to take Kira shopping."

"And who the hell is she to me?" he asked angrily. "Last time I checked she doesn't live under this roof, does she?"

"No," RJ said slowly, almost uncertainly.

I gasped. "Are you effing kidding me?! Don't take this shit, RJ. We're going to MJ, okay?"

I tried to grab his hand and pull him away, but he stayed rooted to the spot. He didn't even look up at me. I could see little pools of sweat building on his forehead and just at the tip of his top lip.

Mr. G looked down at me. "Scram, kid. He's not interested."

 He took RJ's shoulder and walked off with him. Before they disappeared down the hallway, I heard RJ say in a quiet voice. "Can I just talk to her for five more minutes."

 "Just one could affect your well-being," he said in a cynical voice. "Alright, just five more."

 He walked off and I heard RJ slowly walking towards me. "...Kira...I..."