A Ghetto Love Story {^*^} (10)

Next part :D

Thanks to everyone who continues to read this story, it really means so much to me <3

________________________________________

_________________________________________

The six of us crossed the road to Filbert Street and make a quick turn the right. It was about six pm and we were all hungry as hell. I held onto my stomach as RJ held onto my hand. Nay and Shantel had lots to say to him, but Derrel and DeLante ignored him.

I looked over at RJ, who was nodding and smiling and giving small replies, all the while looking over at Derrel and DeLante, who appeared to be having a very interesting and manly conversation, occasionally looking over and glaring at RJ.

RJ smiled once, and DeLante was about to smile back, but Derrel caught his gaze. Lante's smile turned into a frown and he said, "ANYWAYZZZZZ," he turned to Derrel. "I like Haagen Daas Chocolate," he said.

"Oh,...I like Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia," Derrel said, nodding his head serious. So much for a manly conversation.

"That pile of shit?" Lante asked with a laugh.

Derrel gave him a look.

"I mean that shit's good," Lante quickly corrected.

Derrel shook his head as we stepped up to the huge red and tan building. "JENNY'S FIVE STAR CHINESE-AMERICAN RESTAURAUNT," read the gold sign.

RJ stepped up and pushed the doors open and we stepped inside. "When's the last time I've been here?" he asked with a smile.

"Three years ago, when your dad got that promotion," I said almost involuntarily.

RJ looked over at me and smiled. "How'd you remember that?"

I stared at him strangely. "I...don't know. It just came to me I guess." I shrugged.

"Hmm," he said with a grin.

Derrel rolled his eyes and pushed past him. "Don't think you're so special. It's just a memory," Derrel said as he passed by. "Memories have no power," he said, sounding ridiculously smart for the second time.

As we pushed the doors open, I heard a familiar voice. "Huānyíng to Jenny's Chinese American Restaurant. May I place you at a table for- KIDS?" Mickey, Jenny the owner's husband cried out. He was a small man with a black suit and a reservation book at a tall desk.

"Hi, Mickey!" I said with a huge smile. He was by far my favorite employee. "nǐhǎo ma?" 'How are you?'

"Good, good, nǐ ne?" he asked. 'How are you?'

"Wǒ hěnhǎo!" I said, proud of myself for saying 'I am fine.'

Mickey clapped his hands proudly. "Excellent, excellent!" he said beaming.

"Xièxiè," I said happily. "Thanks, Mickey."

"Nǐ xiǎng chī shénme?" Mickey asked, smiling invitingly.

"Umm..." that was still a little out of my range.

"What would you like to eat?" he asked with a laugh.

"Well, I'd like some beef Chow Mein, a cheeseburger with extra pickles, lay off the ketchup and can I have a vanilla milkshake, too?" DeLante asked, putting his arms on the counter.

Mickey frowned and wrote down the order. DeLante smiled and said, "Where my table at?"

"37...In the back," Mickey said, pointing to the window.