# 10: Shiki, You're a-?

Start from the beginning

Naruto scratched his head in what seemed like confusion, internally though, was a different story.

'these guys are stupid' he bluntly thought as he watched his two 'teammates' look for the ball they surely weren't going to find here. It was in his pocket and all.

He had found the said object when he used his sensory, it was intentionally laced with his sensei's chakra so that when any of them thought to try and use chakras as a clue then they would find it.

Naruto contemplated if he should tell them or not. They had already accomplished the goal that naruto, without their knowledge, set for them so it was fine right?...

.

.

.

.

°

Yeah it was fine. He was getting sleepy anyways.

He took out the ball from his pocket discreetly and threw it just a little ways forward from where sasuke was searching, not caring if the boy already searched the place.

The said uchiha spotted a round object which he could have sworn was not there before. He narrowed his eyes but after a minute, he just shrugged and approached the object.

He crouched down to find it was that ball kakashi-sensei showed them. His eyes widened.

Picking it up, he showed it to the rest of his team. They confirmed it was indeed the item they were looking for.

"great job sasuke-kun!" gushed sakura as she went to hug the male, he easily dodged.

"sasuke-teme! how dare you find it first!" exclaimed naruto pointing an accusing finger towards him.

"hn, lets go back" was the only thing he said before walking in the direction of the stumps, assuming that's where a certain masked nin would meet them. The other two complied, although rather noisily.

"oh? done already?" asked kakashi once he saw three silhouettes approach the stump he was sitting on. Of course he already knew they found it, or rather, naruto found it and decided to throw it in sasuke's line of vision.

"yeah! we found it suuuuper fast right!?" naruto jumped around with a bright grin.

"sasuke-kun found it, baka" stated sakura. Kakashi just gave them his signature eye smile.

"great, so, how did you find it?" the masked nin asked.

The two looked at sasuke, although naruto with an obvious pout. Kakashi raised a brow at him, although he himself was unsure if the genin saw it due to his hitaiate.

"by a bush" was all he said.

"by a bush?" repeated kakashi.

"by a bush" naruto nodded almost sagely.

"by a bush!" chirped sakura, defending her 'sasuke-kun'.

In the background, shiki deadpanned.

"by... a bush..."

• • • • •

"let me get this straight, hokage-sama, you want me-" she pointed at herself "-to try and help him-" she pointed at the blonde beside her "-spill the beans" she finished.

"yes"

"but... HOW!?" shiki exclaimed as she flung her hands in the air. She was by no means trying to be rude to the hokage but he was sitting there asking for the naruto uzumaki to 'spill the beans' or in other words, remove his 'mask'. It was quite the favor to ask, even for the village leader.