# 10: Shiki, You're a-?

You know my name, not my story. You know what I have done, not what I have been through...

• • • • •

Shiki POV

I grumbled lowly as the squirt turned away from me. At the same time, I heard a rustling of bushes, not from me of course. I knew it was his teammates since I sensed their chakra signature, granted, a bit late compared to the squirt who is basically like a living detector.

"Hey sakura-chaaaaan! and sasuke-teme too I guess" I heard him shout at an amendable volume considering this is naruto we are talking about here.

"naruto! be quiet" the bubblegum girl shouted.

"ehh!? but sakura-chan!" he whined again. God I didn't know he could be so annoying.

"shut up, we need to look for the ball" stated the duck guy.

"the ball?" he questioned, there was a silence "... oh! right the ball!" he exclaimed.

A ball?

Do they mean the one he clearly has in his pockets?

"yeah, we need to find it and get this test done and over with" said ducky.

Oh, so its part of their test.

"yeah! buuuut, where do we find it?" he exclaimed. Man can this version he created ever say a single sentence without shouting?

"we don't know, that's why we're looking for it!" said the bubblegum.

"alright!"

I could hear the shuffling of feet getting quieter and quieter until the only sounds left were the natural ones.

Wait.

Is he leaving me here!?

Just as I thought that, a tap on my shoulder alerted me and caused me to throw a kunai in that direction as I quickly turned around.

The first thing I saw was blonde hair which jumped out of the way so that the projectile would not hit him.

He landed with a 'thud'

"squirt, don't hide your chakra!" I shouted immediately knowing only one person could do that but also keeping my voice low enough to not be heard through the whole forest.

"oh, sorry, didn't know I was doing that" he stated bluntly.

"why yo-!" I was about to scold him but he interjected.

"so you can just wait at my apartment if you want, I never really needed you here" he said still in a monotone voice. I felt an arrow hit my heart at the last statement.

You see, we live together. I gave him the idea, or rather, the motivation to build his little house in its own dimension and in exchange, I lived with him. That is, until I went to my mission.

It was to go undercover and gain some info on a certain threat, I already reported to the hokage and as soon as I was done with that, I came to meet the kid.

He then poofed away leaving no room for argument. But then again, he said 'if I want' but I don't, it would just be boring there. So I'll follow him.

• • • • •

"ugh, where could that stupid ball be!?" shouted sakura in frustration as she searched yet another bush.

"its kakashi-sensei so where could he have possibly put it?" muttered sasuke as he keenly scanned the trees and forest floor.