Chapter 5

Logan glowered angrily at the monitor as his hands clench Damira's office chair.

"Virgil is turning against me too?! Really?! Roman really has some nerve to be making more enemies."

"Logan..."

Remy's voice was soft but firm. He wanted the other trait's undivided attention but feared Logan's newfound anger and unpredictability. Sure, Logan has always been short tempered, but this new behavior was something they have never seen before. Remy cleated his throat and cautiously reached out his hand.

"You clearly saw Virgil save him from the Tristan. That dog would've died without him! He will be okay."

"My dog?! Okay with that monster?! There is no way in HELL that the sorry prince will care for him.  He'll be dead by morning! As for Virgil's betrayal—"

"Logan...Kiddo...Listen to Remy. Virgil is on our side. He's fighting for us and I'm sure he gave Hawk to Roman for a very good reason. Please...trust me on this...please."

Logan unclenched his whitened knuckles and slowly turned to face Patton. His expression softened rapidly as soon as he saw the fatherly trait trembling behind Remy. As he did so, dark clouds faded from his eyes and were replaced with a soft chocolate color. His composure collected itself and guilt washed over his body.

"Oh Patton...I apologize for my unexplainably aggressive behavior. I hope that I didn't frighten you too much."

Patton took a tiny step forward and let out a breath that he didn't know that he had been holding.

"It's okay, Logan, but we should go talk somewhere. I'm really concerned about you."

"Sure thing, Morality. However, I do want you to be aware that there is simply nothing to be worried about. If your concerned about my temper, the don't be. The other's have always said that I have a short fuse so to speak."

Logan made his way out of the large surveillance room and Patton quickly follow suit. Looking over his shoulder, Patton cast a long worried gaze and mouthed,

"Please be watch over me."

To his dismay neither one of his newly acquired comrades seemed to noticed his words. Lowering his head, he tried in vein to get his warning through telepathically.

Please watch over me, I'm scared that Logan might hurt.....me.

Please watch over me, Logan might hurt me.

Please....Logan might hurt me.

Logan will hurt me.

Patton's message slowly dwindled down and refined itself as he walked. His message to Damira and Remy was crystal clear, but the connection between him and them was muddy. His only hope was for their own subconsciouses to replay the message until it got through to them.

As soon as he was finished, he lifted his head high and walked down the hall with a false sense of confidence. His own mind told him over and over again that Logan would never hurt him. That he was safe. His gut instinct told him otherwise. Something was off and he needed to stay away but he couldn't. He had to address Logan before he truly hurt anybody.

It was Logan's own voice that cut through Patton's internal battle, clearing away any lasting doubts about his decision.

"Patton?! Surely whatever you want to talk about can't be that bad."

A wide smile spread over Patton's face and his pace sped up to a light trot. Logan's voice itself was both smooth and welcoming. It's reassuring allure made Patton forget that was entering a potentially dangerous situation.

"Well, maybe I'm overreacting but I'm concerned about you bud! Wanna talk in my room again?"

Logan's lips flashed a devious smirk before stepping back to look the gullible trait over.

"Mmmm. No...I would prefer to talk in my own room. I would feel more secure. Less monitored."

Logan let his voice darken momentarily and deep down he hoped that Patton would catch the red flags he been dropping. He just wanted the poor guy to back away and save himself. Patton appeared to be nervous but entranced in front of him, taking up is offer as if it was the only choice he had. Inside his mind, a small voice screamed.

Patton!! Get out of here! Now! Please Patton! Just...GO!!

Logan swung out his arm in a grand gesture, beckoning Patton into his room before locking it behind them.

"Sit wherever would make you the most comfortable. I, myself, would prefer to stand so I can pace the room if need be."

"Why would you need to pace? Are you nervous?"

"No, not really, but pacing helps me to lower my stress levels."

"Well, if it helps you then I don't see a problem. I guess I'll sit on the bed for now..."

Patton carefully made his way towards Logan's bed and sat down by the very edge of the mattress. After he had settled himself, he looked up. Logan loomed over him and all the nervousness and dread he had felt before came flooding back.

A/N:

This is a very short and tame chapter, far below my minimum word count. That being said, I'll probably end up adding to it.

On another note...

If you know my writing, you'll have an idea of what is coming!