Moments

Pampatanggal ng lungkot from yesterday's wreckage of a day. 😔

-

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.

- Albert Einstein

***

"We learned in Psychology that the brain is like a hardware composed of wires sending signals to the different parts of the body."

I was tracing the lines across his palm. And then I look at him, my eyes locking onto his.

"Those wires seem to be short-circuiting every time I'm around you Ravena." I bit my lip unconsciously; his eyes followed the gesture. He went from looking into my eyes to honing in on my lips.

We kiss gently now. Less urgent than a minute's ago, more relaxed. And then his hands were spanning my waist his thumbs touching the skin of my stomach for a second; and just like that, we were ravenous for each other again.

These are not butterflies in the pit of my stomach; they are huge, huge moths, I thought to myself.

I cannot stop and we're just outside our house... our house!!!

With that thought, I found the will to separate from him.. "God..."

"Babe, it's Kiefer... It wasn't God you were kissing seconds ago..."

"Of course, I know it's you I was kissing... Juskopo... And eewww! Pero we're outside our house... Buti na lang tinted windows mo, but Mama might wonder what's keeping, or who's keeping me in here..."

"Shit, sorry babe...", he said leaning back to the seat.

"Don't apologize. There were two of us in... Just.. just wrong timing..."

"Cannot argue with that..." He took a huge gulp of breath, I guess trying to calm himself?

"Sige na, akyat ka na while I still have a hold on my self-control... Here take the umbrella..." he said as he took the gigantic umbrella from the back.

"Pano ka?" "Many more at home, kesa naman maulanan ka... Go, I'll drive once you're safely inside."

"Thanks." I was about to give him a goodbye kiss when he turned his face the other way. "Threadbare self-control babe, holding by a slim, slim thread."

"Oops... sorry... Uhmmmmm... Text me when you get home?"

He faced me once more. He picked my hand up turned it over gave it a feather-like kiss to my palm. He nodded his head. "Now go."

I rushed outside and ran to our house. When I got inside the house, I immediately went to our veranda to see him off.

He rolled his wndows down and waved goodbye at me. I did the same and called him before he even started the car.

"Ingat ka Kiefer sa pagddrive ha. Watch out for the slippery road spots."

"I will Ms. Reyes, now pasok ka na. Ang lakas na ng hangin!"

"After you drive off."

"Ok. I love you Mika."

"I love you too. See you tomorrow."

"He gave me a last wave as I cut the call and saw him drove off; I only went in when I cannot see him anymore.

I trudged back to my room, took my clothes off and took a bath.

After the quickest bath ever, I changed into an old shirt and a ratty, old pajama.

I laid on top of my covers, my hands behind my head, staring at the ceiling.