Addicted

"If I had to choose my best day ever, my finest hour, my wildest dream come true... Mine would be you."

- Blake Shelton

***

"Sige lang Kiefer, tagal mo daw kasi, kaya ayun, matulog na lang muna ulit. Katukin mo na lang."

"Ay, salamat po Tita..."

I turned the door knob quietly, and see her snuggled deep in her covers. I tiptoed carefully so as not to wake her up.

I was kneeling on the floor on her bedside just looking at her. She looks so at peace, mukhang anghel, mukhang napakabait, hindi mo aakalain na daig pa ko sa pagka-bully nito.

Teka, tama na to, mukha na kong stalker neto... Hahahah!

I pushed her hair aside, kissed her on the tip of her nose and woke her up na.

Kinakalabit ko siya, pero since hindi gumana, on to more extreme measures na. I sat at the foot of her bed, braced myself, and bounced hard repeatedly.

"Ughh, Miko, wag magulo..." she mumbled covering her face with another pillow.

"I hope the Miko you're referring to is your 'lil bro."

Once she heard my voice, bigla siyang nabangon bigla, and excitedly hugged me.

I caught her as she launched herself onto me. "Ang ganda namang greeting na yan. I could live with a daily greeting like this. Advanced happy 3rd, Angel"

"Sira! No need for the advanced greeting, we'll se each other naman tomorrow di ba?" she said even as she kissed my cheeks and sat back on the bed once more.

"I know. Just excited that I'd get to spend literally, the whole day with you today!"

She was rubbing the sleep from her eyes and took a moment to collect herself.

"Same here. Pero teka, bakit ka nasa kwarto ko? Kanina ka pa? Sino nagpapasok sayo?"

"Isa-isa lang babe. Pinagising ka na ni tita, and di naman, ngayon-ngayon lang. Tagal mo lang magising talaga."

Nag-unat-unat muna siya, trying to get her bearings.

"Babe bilis, bangon na ambagal."

"Saglit lang kasi di ba? Ikaw na nga tong trespassing, ikaw pa atat!"

"Buhatin kita, gusto mo?"

"Don't you dare..." I warned him, pero he was advancing on to me, 'til he lunged at me...

Napatili ako, and I quickly covered my own mouth... Sabay hampas ng mejo malakas sa kanya.

"Awwww!! Binibiro ka lang, tagal..." I covered his mouth with my other hand naman...

"Ssshhh, quiet lang ano ba? Behave ka please. Asa labas lang sina ma at pa!"

Eto na tatayo na ko. OK?"

She gave me a quick peck on the lips and ran outside. Hinabol ko siya but she suddenly came to a halt, tatanungin ko sana kung anong meron, and then I saw the reason.

I politely stepped in front of her and greeted his father. Nagmano ako and said, "Good morning po, sir." Mejo mas mukhang nakakatakot pa sa tatay ko eh...

"Good morning din, sabay ka mag-breakfast, hijo?"

"Ahh, opo."

"O sige, Mika, tutulungan mo pa ba daw mama mo? At teka, maghilamos ka muna, may muta ka pang bata ka."