22 | chapter twenty-two

Start from the beginning

The memories, the flash backs, they drove me crazy to the point where I could only drop onto my bedroom floor and scream as the tears poured down my face. My screams weren't heard and didn't even drift into my own ears because I couldn't even speak, I couldn't hear a damn word escape from my mouth.

My throat constricted painfully, the veins in my neck straining as I throw my head upwards with the despairing need to make a sound because in this silent room, I felt like I was going insane. I wanted to hear myself but I couldn't, no matter how much I opened my mouth and forced at my vocal cords to make some, any, kind of noise it just didn't and that made the hot tears that streamed down my face burn at my skin.

I grabbed fist fulls of my hair and tugged until it was painful because if I felt pain there maybe the pain I was feeling inside would numb itself. No matter how much I pulled, yanked and even saw some pale blonde strands fall I still felt the staggering, devastating pain inside and it burned hotter by the passing minutes.

This feeling suffocated me and made me feel like I was drowning as my breathing picked up, my hands trembling as I looked down at them with my blurry tear filled eyes.

Useless.

So damn useless. I sent everyone who wanted to be there for me and help me away.

It's been five days. Five days since Elijah told me that my parents were looming over the Blue Moon pack. Five days since he's told me that they were looking for something, burying their paws into the soil, something they did when they wanted to mark what their intent was. Their intent was to get what belonged to them back even if it meant that they'd have to go through extreme lengths to do so.

Bottom lip trembling as I breathe rapidly though my lips, my gaze drifts to the ceiling and I know fully well what they were looking for and that's what made my sadness hit me with the most force. They wanted to take me back with them and away from the life I've began to build up here with Elliot and Elijah. In this moment I felt the most fear I've ever felt. There weren't enough words in this world that could describe the profuse foreboding that spread through my mind as my shaking hands gripped the hard wood floors beneath me.

I whimper, knowing that they're going to take me away from Nash and that made the tears fall faster as a choked sob escapes past my trembling lips. I'm shaking my head as if that would help make this any less real but this is realer than anything. Sniffling, my head snaps to look at my nightstand as I hear the vibrations of my phone. The light from the screen provides me with the only light in the darkness that surrounds me.

My phone continues to vibrate but I make no move to go to it, the only thing I can do is suck in a breath as I remember Nash when I look at the electronic object. With the saddest smile blooming on my face, I recall the way Nash came into my room and dumbed the white apple bag onto my bed. He shook out its contents and I watched as multiple Apple Phones fell. Looking away from me, he sheepishly told me he didn't know which one I wanted so he ended up getting all of them.

A single tear streams down my face. My parents are going to take away all of that from me, every single thing in my life that has ever provided me with happiness will be ripped away from my clutches as if it didn't belong in my hold to begin with. There would no longer be Nash in my life, the rays of joy that he brought me would diminish into nothing and I'd be left in the same hell that my dreams trapped me in.

And there was nothing I could do about it.

"We can't give up like this Nik and you know that," Nate says softly to me.