20 | chapter twenty

Start from the beginning

His eyes leave my face to look at where I'm point at and his eyes shine with heavy humor, a laugh escapes his lips. My heart skips a beat, my eyes holding so much surprise. Wow is all I can think. I don't think I'd ever heard him let out a real laugh. It wasn't a chuckle or those breathy sounds he makes that depicts his version of a laugh, it's an actual laugh.

It's a deep vibrating laugh that makes me feel like the ground is shaking, the earth shattering as the harmony of his deep baritone voice fills my ear and sends happiness blooming within my heart. His laugh is contagious and a smile spreads across my face despite how embarrassed and humiliated I am.

"I got you, baby boy," a smile lingers on his face.

Right in front of the teacher that's grumbling in her seat, Nash releases my hand that he was holding firmly and grips the bottom of his long sleeve shirt that defined his muscles so well. He pulls the fabric over his head, slipping his arms out as well with one thug. My eyes take in his body automatically.

"Can he literally rearranged our guts like...right now," Nate moans inside me.

I shake my head, trying to get myself to stop the possible oncoming of my cock reacting to his words with the combination of how amazing Nash looks. Nash wears a knowing and self satisfied smirk as he pulls me up and gets in front of me, blocking the wet front of my jeans from Ms. Fidel's view with his body.

He wraps his shirt around my waist, the body of the shirt covers my front and the warmth of the long sleeves wrap around my waist. He ties the arms of the shirt at my back and I look down to see that I'm covered but it looks a bit weird. Even so, I look back up and smile up at Nash.

"Thank you," I mouth to him.

The corner of his lips quirk up and he ruffles my hair, to which, I groan and swat his hands away. I mean my hair was already messy but he didn't need to make it any worse.

As of right now, I was blocking Nate out of my mind because he had the tendency to make things like last Thursday's incident happen. Of course, I reaped the benefits but it was so risky what he did and Nash and I could've gotten caught so it was better to not have things like that happen by just blocking Nate. It would just be for a while because I didn't like blocking him, he'd be so upset and lonely and I knew how that felt all too well.

I'm sitting on the couch, mouth full of Moon Pie when Nash appears from the kitchen with a clear glass bowl of gummy bears in his hand. A smile spreads across my face as I bounce around in my seat with excitement. Gummy bears are literally my favorite candy, they're so gummy, squishy and tasty but addicting with their sweet flavor.

They brought me back to a time of euphoria, I can't remember why and I can't even recall the memory of me eating gummy bears but when I pop one into my mouth, sucking on its artificial goodness, a feeling that I've had them before with a good memory surrounding them fills my mind. I can't remember and it hurts that I can't because I'd eat the candy and a brief memory of me as a small adolescent appeared before me but that's all I could recall.

Right now I didn't want to dwell on it as Nash approached me with the bowl in his hand. He crashes down beside me, gently placing the bowl onto my lap. I smile at him, grateful towards him. I told him I was craving gummy bears yesterday and he left so I assumed that maybe he was going out to get them but he came back empty handed which was fine because the grocery store was pretty far off but he entered my room again at about four am, while I was still awake because of my insomnia with the largest pack of gummy bears in his hand.