Chapter 4 · Demise or Death

Akilles' pov

I smile as Willow and I walk back to her pack house. We spent the last few hours just learning about each other.

Like her birth was two days ago, which was Febuary 24, so I'm getting her something whether she knows it or not. She hasn't experienced the world because of this damned pack. But she has graduated highschool, but has to continues to be a slave to the pack.

"You hungry?" I asked looking at her. "No." Willow answered though her stomach grumbled loudly. Arching a accusatory eyebrow, I place a hand on her stomach. "What do you want I can cook it for you?" I suggest but ahe shakes my head. "I'll hunt some rabbits down I'll be good." Willow says attempting to walk away but I pull her back. "I'll hunt you just start a fire." I challenge running off before she could argue.

Not taking to long, I come back to the small clearing seeing Willow had started a fire. Setting down the game of a deer, I watch as Willow's eyes widen. "How much do you eat?" I ask bluntly as I notice how skinny she is.

"Umm...my sister said I was fat so I decided that I can only eat once or twice a week so I could lose weight." Willow says making my eyes switch feverously.

"Mate, is perfect. She need to eat. Her sister will die." Lazarus growled as I began cooking the dear. "Well, she's wrong. I brought one of my pack doctor and I will see to it you are examined." I pronounced a serious tone to her voice

"Umm okay." Willow says, her angelic voice music to my ears. "Mate is so fucking beautiful. So sexy. And her hair smells of roses." Lazarus groans as he thinks of Willow. "Yes. She is quite angelic isn't she. Our queen. And ours only." I reply to him as I look at Willow eat a slice of deer. Picking at the meat as she ate less and less.

"I'm full Akilles'." Willow said. I groan softly as the sound of my name rolled off her tongue. Smiling softly at her small figure, I stand up finished eating. "We'll leave this here for the animals. Lets get back Willow." I say putting emphasis of her name making her tremble.

Offering my hand to her, she tentatively took it standing up. Intertwining our fingers, I kiss a pink spot on her hand. Walking back to the pack house in a comfortable silence, I glance over at Willow seeing her gazing up at the moon light a perplexed look to her eyes.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" I ask quietly gaining her attention. "I was just thinking that yesterday I felt like something was going to happen. I was so sure it was going to bad. Maybe the pack would put me down out of my misery or they beat me and leave me for rogues. " I growl in anger at the thought "But I met my mate, I met you. So I relish in this time because you might not want to be around or be seen with me tomorrow. And that's okay." Willow smiled softly to me but the pain in her hazel eyes stabbef at my heart bexause she actually thought what she was saying was true.

Tugging her to me, I bare my fangs to her, making her freeze slightly. "Willow, I will show you off for all to see. I won't be ashamed of your appearance. Of something you can't control. And when you are ready, I will mark you right here, for all to see." I growl scrapping my fangs lightly across the juncture of neck and shoulder before pulling away and grabbing her hand.

"Okay, Akilles'." Willow whispered looking down. Tilting her head up I step back at seeing the fear that lay in her eyes.

"I d-didn't mean to scare you Willow. It just upsets me how you put yourself down." I apologize softly. Only getting a nod in reply, not even a look or glance. Whimpering, I grab her hands lightly in mines placing them on my heart. "Please Willow forgive me. I promise I didn't mean to scare you." I say lightly. "I do." Willow said eyeing me.

Nodding, we continue walking to the pack house in silence. Once entering the pack house, I watch as Willow departs from me going to her room. In a love struck sigh, I walk to mine and fall asleep.