Emmaline Gilbert AU Part 5

Aftermath of finding out Stefan was a vampy boi

My hands gripped the wheel as hard as I could. My eyes were so focused on the road that I wasn't really seeing it. I tried to pay attention but my mind was going crazy. I thought of all these things, especially how there was a big possibility that I could die soon, and I was having trouble processing.

I was always bad at understanding things. When my parents died I wasn't okay for a week. I just sat there staring into nothing. There was nothing on my mind and my brain couldn't understand it. I didn't know who I was and this was starting to feel like that.

I got upstairs and went into my room. I laid on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. There was a poster I put up there forever ago. It was starts in a dark blue sky and when the lights were off the constellations would shine, but for now in my lit room they were just white.

"Emma." I heard as I shot up out of bed and saw Stefan on the other side of it. My door was closed but the window was wide open.

"Did you just come through my window?" I asked looking at him unsure.

"Yes." He replied as I put my hands over my eyes and rubbed them. "Emma you can't tell anyone."

"You need to get out of my house, please." I urged him as he gave me a saddened expression. Maybe because I was trying to avoid him but also because I'd never seemed so weak, especially in front of him. I'd never been so scared.

I watched him as I went to open my door. I got part of it open and as I was about to go out of it He speed ran over and closed it. He was close to my face and I took a deep breath and looked at him with widened eyes.

"Stefan please. Just go."

"Just listen to me Emma." He pleaded as I tried to calm my breathing. "You can't tell anyone especially Damon that you know and you have to keep that necklace on. It's a risk for you to know. You can hate me but you have to trust me." He insisted.

There was so many things I wanted to say. I wanted to yell t him for ever talking to me. I wanted to push him and cry. Instead I just nodded.

"I won't ever hurt you Emma. You don't have to be afraid of me." He assured me with a serious tone.

"I don't know how I feel about you. All I know is that I don't want you in my house." I told him as he backed a way a bit. "So please. Please just leave." I reached for my door handle.

"I never wanted this." He replied and it hurt. Because if he truly didn't want this he wouldn't have talked to me. He wouldn't have been my boyfriend. He wouldn't have tried to talk to me on the first day of school.

But I couldn't find words. So I opened the door and when I went to let him out he was gone. I went over to my window and closed it, locking it and hiding the key under the pillow.

I couldn't sleep and instead I drew. I went to a place that was dark for me. One where I put down the charcoal and I just went with it.