Chapter 1

*Janet's POV*

I walked down the hallways with my books covering my face and my head down as always. My long, light brown hair draped over to the sides to hide my face. I pushed my glasses up with my books and began to become aware of my surroundings. Everyone stared at me as my eyes looked around the hallway. I tried to ignore them but it's kind of hard when the weight of people's eyes were weighing on you by the second. I finally got to class 209 and quickly turned into the classroom.

I walked all the way to the back of the room and sat in the far right corner. After a couple of minutes my best, and pretty much only friend, Baylee walked in and immediately ran to me. "Hey Janet!" She greeted happily.  I smiled at her and felt the presence of eyes on me again. I sat there completely uncomfortable with the feeling of being watched by people in the class. What if they were judging me? I glanced at the people that snickered and stared at me. 'Why can't I just turn invisible?' I thought to myself.

The bell rang and we all sat in our desks. I felt a shiver go down my spine for no reason. I tightened my whole body and checked my surroundings. I felt like I was being watched, but no one in the class was looking at me. The feeling wouldn't go away and I began to get aggravated. 'Why won't this feeling of being watched go away? Do I have a stalker?' I wondered. I clenched my jaw and tightened my fist. The teacher stared at me and seemed to be talking to me but I completely tuned her out.

"Ms. Janet." My teacher said. I continued to ignore her as I turned my head towards the window. Could there possibly be someone outside staring at me? My heart raced as I felt the eyes of my classmates on me again. I felt like the weight was getting heavier by the second. I squinted my eyes, trying to see what was outside. It took me a while but I was able to lock my eyes on a dark figure standing in the shadows looking up at me. 'Who is that?' I thought.

"Ms. Janet!" The teacher snapped. I whipped my head away from the window and stared at Mrs. Connors with wide, confused eyes. "What are you doing that is more important than my teaching?" She asked. "Isn't everything more important then your teaching?" I asked quietly. Everyone looked back at me. Some of them were either in shock, smiling and trying not to laugh, or they just shook their heads. "Excuse me?!" I looked up at her. 'Might as well tell the truth.' I thought.

"I mean like when are we going to use this in life?" I asked. "Why would we need to know about our ancestors? History really isn't that useful. I mean for what I'm going to major in in the future of course. It's not like they are going to ask who Napolian is. So what is the point of history class? It's completely useless and completely boring because of yo-" I cut myself off because of the look that Mrs. Connors gave me. "Detention after school for you Janet." She said angrily. I sighed andbturned my head towards the window. He was gone. The figure was gone. I should've realized that the weight of being watched was lifted sooner. I have only one question though. Who was that guy?