Chapter 22: Aftermath

Start from the beginning

Misako nodded in understanding. She clicked her teeth and glanced away for a second. "I see I see. Well you know, for someone who dealt with enough trauma in their life, you're doing a good job. Lloyd would be proud to know that you're still fighting on. He always liked that about you, your fighting spirit." She informed the white haired girl, who decided not to attempt smiling at all even at the mention of Lloyd's interest in her. It made her heart flutter, but at the same time, it was if Rumi couldn't reach her heart's warmth. Instead, she stayed frostbite. "Thanks. Guess we can say I'm worried about Lloyd? I've lost him so many times and I've been blessed by the FSM that he still chose to fight. That green ninja is amazing, huh?" She blushed slightly. Misako laughed and fixed her view on the ceiling. "That's our green ninja. The one that will save this city."
~~~~~~
Outside in the ramparts of Ninjago city, found a platoon of individuals running across cracked asphalt. "Woah- these holes look deep." mentioned Tox, who was practically hopping over the holes as if it were a match of hopscotch. Karlof easily followed along. "Ooh Karlof like this! Karlof thinks it's fun!" The man passed the master of poison, much to her dismay. Nya rolled her eyes, she was behind them. "Guys, remember our objective. Bounty first. Cracked roads, later." She reminded.

They kept running along the broken sight of Ninjago city, until, "woah watch out!" a flashing blast came flying in their direction. The event was too sudden to realize what was just sent flying. "Dodge!" cried an elemental master. As they dodged, Tox, "It's a fence." confirmed by turning her head to her right, where the target was placed. There she saw a massive fence, coming from a school's rooftop to guard the countours. "How did a fence came flying at us?" asked Nya, who was getting irritated by all this. Karlof pointed with his massive glove in the direction of the menacing buildings that were slowly, crumbling down one by one. The water ninja pressed her teeth together. "Oh no, this looks bad." She admitted quietly.

Mistaké, who stood up from a hollow of rubble, took the lead up front, she turned to her fellow comrades. "Come on, young ones. We need to get to the bounty at once." She alerted. With just one sentence, the old woman managed to get everyone to their feet. She smiled as Nya stepped beside her. Soon, the half of the resistance wasted no time and kept running, in search for their beloved hideout and home. Yet, the building containing the bounty right above it was only 25 meters away from them.

"I see it! It's up there!" spoke Nya, who pointed her gloved palm at a particular beige-coloured building with remarkable white-stained glass windows. All shattered now at this point. The hedges on the bottom and sides of the buildings were also trampled and scattered all around the property. Tox remarked one thing, getting closer. "Looks to me like an apartment." She noticed and stopped when Nya and Mistaké, who were in front of her, came into a halt. The water ninja was panting. She was bent down and had her hands pressed on her knees, there, she continued breathing. "Very fancy if you asked me." She commented before getting back up from her small breathing break. She turned to face the wall. "Now...how to climb it?"

Tox walked to the side of the building and grasped the hedges with her bare hands. It took her a minute, but she managed to make out the sort of plant these were. "Hm.." she let out a moan. Nya lifted a brow, "does anyone have a grappling hook?" She completely ignored Tox's inquisitive state. None of the elemental masters nor Mistaké had one. "Nome." They confirmed all together. Nya sighed and turned to Tox for a response. As she was about to open her mouth to speak, the green haired woman shushed her. "These aren't ordinary bushes. Heck, they aren't even bushes! They're vines!" She eagerly informed her team. Mistaké nodded happily. But the only person who wasn't happy was Karlof. "Oh no....no no no no Karlof isn't going on those." The man strongly disagreed. Shade and Nya began climbing up the vines. "Sorry, no choice. We don't have much time left." They both said.

The half of the resistance began climbing up the apartment wall. Nya and Shade were up front, Mistaké was in the center, while Tox and Karlof were lower down.
"No no no Karlof doesn't like this.." Karlof gulped as he held on tight, He didn't like activities consisting risks. Rock-climbing is a terrific example for the moment right now. Tox rolled her eyes and was ready to abandon him. Her sped in climbing was catching up to his. But Karlof shook his head in disapproval. "How much further?" He questioned, breaking into a shining fit of fear. Nya sighed, from atop. "Just a bit more.
Please hold it for 12 more meters." She instructed him.

When they finally came on top, the bounty was waiting for the resistance to come back and take control of the ship. Nya smiled in awe as she approached the ship. "Amazing How it wasn't harmed at all during the colossi battle, huh?" She chuckled and began climbing up the anchor's chains. Her comrades encouraged her, "Don't fall!", "Be careful!", "Karlof will surely catch you.", "Be careful young Nya.". It didn't take long for someone as experienced as Nya to lower down the ship. The flap opened and the remaining members that were patiently waiting for their cruise to arrive got on.

Karlof kneeled down on the deck and smiled happily. "Oh sweet land. Karlof will never climb walls again. Karlof is too scared." He whined and wrapped his arms around the planks. His comrades: the elemental masters only looked away in embarrassment. As for Mistaké, she joined Nya by the wheel. "So where are we heading now?" She questioned with much respect for the water ninja. Nya looked back at her as she got the ship's engine ready. "There's a room we keep in the end of the hallway that is meant for medical purposes. We have IV machines all set up with syringes and other equipment. We could bring Lloyd in there while he continues getting treated while we're still on the move." She concluded the final step on their small mission. Nya didn't know what to call it, so she settled with a rational choice: Aftermath.
~~~~~~~
A/N Hi everyone! LillaSmolBean here and welcome back to chapter 22 of Reconciled hearts! I hoped you enjoy the chapter despite it being considered short. Lately, I've been settling with rather short chapters. But I'm fine with it! There's no rule that you need to write over 4000 words right? Just write to your heart's content, right? But oh man, am i excited to see how the resistance will react to Lloyd's discieving truth. How will Harumi react? Oh gosh, I can only imagine the resistance being extremely heartbroken and betrayed. Well! That's for a future chapter though! I hope you guys enjoyed though! If you enjoyed, please leave a vote and comment down below what you guys think. That's all, Bye guys!