Confessions

Hanji's POV
After leaving the doctor's office and asking Nanaba and Rico to help me find Levi, I suggested we split up to search for him. So Nanaba was in charge of the ground and first floor, Rico for the second and third and I would look for him at the fourth floor and at the rooftop. At first they were both worried to that I wouldn't have been able to walk but after reassuring them, we started looking for him. I walked holding a crutch so that I wouldn't fall and headed to the elevator and from there to the fourth floor as I was now on the second. After reaching the fourth floor, I headed to the staircase and after a lot of effort and time, I was able to finally get to the rooftop. I opened the door and I got out. I started walking and looking for Levi. When I finally spotted him. He was sitting on the floor with his head in his hands. I approached him and called out his name. He neither moved nor talked. He just stayed there. I called his name out again and sat down with him.

"I am sorry I failed you again... That's why I decided to give up. You should be with someone better like Erwin." He said. Still refusing to look at me.

"What are you talking about! It's not your fault and if you want to know I want to choose you! Again and again and again and forever I'd choose you! " I said while looking at him.

"What are you talking about... You deserve someone better Hanji..." He said and looked at me. "So that pretty much makes anyone but me."

"No Levi I believe that you are the only one I deserve..." I said again.

"Hanji please stop saying that... I was the one who took your father away from you... because of my stupidity, you lost everything you had! even if you do think that you deserve me, I don't!  I don't deserve a person who is so kind towards me while I took their world away from them! I just don't deserve that kind of treatment...." He said and lowered his head again.

"Levi look at me when we are talking!" I said shouting.

"Just go." He said refusing to lift his head.

"Levi look at me in the face when you are talking." I said trying to suppress my anger.

" HOW CAN YOU ASK ME TO LOOK AT YOU IN THE EYES WHEN YOU WERE SO KIND TO ME, WHEN YOU ADMIRED ME AND THE ONLY THING I DID IN RETURN WAS TO TAKE YOUR FATHER AWAY!" he said while looking at me with his read from crying eyes before placing his head back to his knees.

"JUST LOOK AT ME!" I said and shouted again. Levi lifted his head and I slapped him. He looked at me surprised and touched his cheek which now had a redder color. "I don't care if you are a murderer or anything. Yes I know you killed my father and you cannot change that. But that's in the past which, just like the word itself implies, has already past! It isn't easy for me to say these words you know.... I loved him a lot... he was a great man but I know he is happy where he is now! And so are your friends Farlan and Isabel! They are happy too you know and they forgive you! So there is no point in thinking about that now. What's done is done!" I said while tears started rolling down my cheeks as well.

Levi looked at me for a brief moment surprised and then he closed his eyes.

Levi's POV

While Hanji was saying all these things I was just starring at her like an idiot. After she finished talking I closed my eyes. Suddenly memories that I had buried deep inside me resurfaced and started filling my mind. All those old memories with Farlan and Isabel...back in elementary when me and Farlan first met...and then when my mother died and he was there next to me...and then in junior highschool when we met Isabel and then it was just the three of us... when I first made a contract with a famous company about my first disk...and then  the crush..... and then when I first met Hanji...when she found me on the rooftop and brought  bottles of beer... the deal....when I took her out on the restaurant.... when she sung the first song she wrote for me... when I helped her get ready for someone else... and then... when she found out about me killing her father... then when she was hit by a car..... all those memories started spinning around in my head banging against my skull... and the only thing I wanted to do was scream, I wanted to start screaming since it was because of me that everything had happened... it was me who killed Farlan, Isabel and Hanji's father, it was me who caused her sorrow... and not only to her but to Farlan's parents and Isabel's grandmother as well. All their friends and families... I couldn't think. I heard Hanji speaking again but I couldn't understand what she was saying...  so all I did was cry. I felt hot tears running down my cheeks again and the one that Hanji had slapped on felt even hotter... then I felt something sweet pushing against my lips... distracting me from all the thoughts and memories that kept me from reality. I opened my eyes again only to see Hanji's face closer than ever to mine and realising she was kissing me...  I wanted to pull back but I couldn't. I can't explain it but it felt like today it would be the last time I would ever be able to kiss her again and that a strong force wasn't allowing to  pull back, that it was pushing me even more. As a result I ended up returning her kiss.

Hanji's POV

I realised that he wasn't listening to me. That e was in a world of his own so I kissed him. I was expecting him to pull back but he didn't. In fact he returned the kiss which lasted until we were both out of breath.  Then he closed his eyes, smiled and mumbled

"You stupid four-eyes..." 

"Do you understand now how much I love you, Levi? So get over your stupid complex and start acting like a man would, for I would choose you over and over and over again. Because i know that you are the other part that was missing from my life... because even though you are a fake on the stage, I met the real you, and I loved you, just the way you are. So I don't deserve anyone better, because we are both idiots that fell in love for the first time and because we both are way too stubborn to admit that. So I will put that stubbornness away and say that I love you and that YOU, Levi Ackerman, have no say in this because you are stuck with me whether you want it or not!" I said and jumped at him in order to hug him. 

"Yeah" he said. "I we are way too stubborn to admit anything and we have both been through a lot... everything because of me...so in order to atone for that i'll have to stay with you, you stupid four-eyes... he finished and hugged me back. and we stayed like that for a while until Levi noticed that the sun was setting. He helped me get up and I leaned on him. So we ended up watching the sunset together... The sky was bold with no clouds and rich in color. It was covered mostly by a mixture of dark blue, purple and pink, which eventually turned into yellow and circled the sun. I cannot exactly describe it but it felt like the best sunset I had ever watched especially since I was inside Levi's hands... I was in his hug and that's what made it even more beautiful. At this moment I knew, that I would never be able to see a sunset this beautiful again...

Suddenly Levi turned to me and said "Thank you for everything. I love you."

I turned and looked at him surprised like I didn't understand what he just told me and he noticed that.
"Tch, is it that weird for a guy to say «I love you» to the girl he likes?" He said and looked away.

Then I started laughing and hugged him from the back. He smiled as well and tried to place his hand on my shoulder but failed. Unfortunately for him I saw that and laughed.

"Do you want me bend over to your shoulder so that you are able to reach mine?" I said and laughed.

"You just ruined the moment..." He said. "Forget everything" he added.

"Can't do that. I am not a gold fish which memory lasts only for five seconds." I said and laughed again.

"I don't care. I command you to forget everything. I hate you." He said and looked the other way.

"Nah I know you don't" I said as I poked him on the cheek.

"And stop doing that, it's annoying." He added as well.

"Don't care either" I said smiling and then I leaned on his shoulder again and we stayed like that, starring as the sun dipped below the horizon, until it was finally shielded behind the city that lied under our feet...

Author's Note

Hey sorry for the long time that you had to wait. This was supposed to be one of the most important parts of this story as you can imagine so I wanted to make it as  nice as I had planned it isnside my head. So I feel like i did the best I could. So I hope you enjoyed it.