Chapter 13

Hanji's POV
I watch as Levi drives away. What was that just now? Did he just apologized for being and idiot and all those stuff? Weird... I continue starring at the way that he left in shock when I the door opens behind me. I turn around and see my neighbor and cousin Nanaba.

"Oh Hanji I didn't expect to see you here so early"

"Nanaba it's literally nine o'clock." I say back laughing.

"Yeah. You normally return around midnight or so"she says and laughs as well.

"What are you doing out as such an hour though. I know you far too well to say that you would be out without a good reason" I laugh as well.

"Right as always. Mike is going to come over for a sleepover and I forgot to by snacks. Wanna come over with me? I mean if you don't have anything else to do." She says and smiles.

"Sure I don't have anything else to do anyway" I say and follow her to the nearby convinience store.

~Time Skip~

We got everything that Nanaba wanted and we are on our way back home. But my mind isnt with Nanaba. All I'm thinking about is Levi and  the way he acted. Maybe something is wrong with me... I normally can read a person from his eyes on the way he talks but with Levi nothing.... And when I came in the conclusion that he is cold and everything he went and apologized... Maybe I misjudged him... No, I'm sure I misjudged him. Yeah definitely. The real Levi is hiding under that mask that he puts up. The "I'm-a-cold-and-tough-guy" mask.... I am sure he is hiding something behind that expressionless face of his and I'm going to find out what. Suddenly I felt someone grabbing my jacket and pulling me back.

"What the hell are you doing! Don't space out like that!!" Nanaba started scolding me

"Huh? What's wrong? Did anything happen? Why are you shouting?" I ask her.

"What the-! You were almost hit by a car! Were you spacing out? I bet you were." She says back worried. "Hanji you can't space out like that in the middle of the road or something might happen to you."

"Yeah sorry I was indeed spacing out" I say and laugh.

"It's not funny Hanji, you could have gotten killed!" Nanaba says.

"Yeah I know. But I wasn't and that's all that matters" I say and continue walking. We have been walking in silence when Nanaba decided to break it.

"Hey Hanji." She calls out to me. Although I heard her I didn't want to respond. So I decide to continue walking. Suddenly I feel her grabbing my shoulder.

"Hey Hanji, you know I noticed that something is wrong with you... You know you can always tell me, don't you?" She says and I could clearly see that she was worried.

"Oh yeah, of course I know." I say back but I stopped talking after that. For some reason I didn't want to talk to her about Levi or anything that happened today.

~Time Skip~

We continue walking until our house comes into view. I put out my keys and open the door. I enter with Nanaba behind me. We stept into the elevator and we first arrived in Nanaba's apartment.

"Are you sure you don't want to be in that sleepover with me and Mike? I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Or I could just cancel it with him." She says and looks at me.

"Yeah positive. Though I would like to meet him since I haven't yet, I'm too tired. So goodnight Nanaba" I say back and smile.

"Good night Hanji" she says back and enters her apartment.

I push the button again to go to my apartment just a floor above. I unlock the door, get in threw my jacket to a chair and just collapse onto the couch... Damn today sure was hard. But the problem is, that it wasn't because of me going with Levi for dinner, or having to write a new song with him, or even going to the supermarket with Nanaba that I was tired... I can't exactly describe it but I don't feel physical pain. Maybe it's the fact that I cried for the first time in 3 years that exhausted me... Or whatever happened with Levi... I need to take my mind off of him, and there was only one way to do that... I get up and head straight to my music room. It is a special soundproofing room specially made for me cause I usually play until 4 or 5 am. And I have no complains from my neighbors at all. I take a seat next to my keyboard. Although I do have a real piano I can't bring myself to use it... It was a gift from my father when I finished highschool... It was his personal one and it was the same piano in which I was taught music. Every time I look at it I imagine him playing it , always with a photo of mum next to him, and me dancing. Or him teaching me how to play... We both sit together, me in his lap, and I place my hands on top of his and move my fingers along...

My dad was everything I had... My mum died when she gave birth to me so my dad did everything he could toraise me. However he left early... Way too early. I remember feeling devastated... Every one in his funereal was like "you have my sincere condolences" and all that but some of them I could feel they didn't mean it. But anyway it's time I forgot about everything and focus on my job. I'll play the piece and maybe add a few more lyrics to it....