Choices

Hanji's POV
I don't remember anything... Last thing I remember is Levi running behind me and then a light. After that nothing... And now that I woke up still nothing. I am now in a dark room. Suddenly I notice a door. I head to it and open it. The bright light blinded me for a moment and I covered my eyes with my hands. I opened my eyes as I got into the room and saw two people. One was a second version of myself. The other one was my father. He was chatting casually with the other me. Suddenly he noticed me.

"Hey Sunshine. How have you been?" He said and smiled

I saw him and he talked to me... That moment I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. I run and hugged him.

"Huh? What's wrong Sunshine?" He said as he noticed that I was crying.

"Dad you are here!! You are here!" I said and hugged him tighter.

"Of course I'd be here." He said and hugged me. "I was just talking to another you."

2nd Hanji: "Yo!" She said and smiled.

"So how have you been my little Sunshine? I hope you keep writing songs cause you were really good at it!" He said and smiled.

"I have been...well, you could say. And yeah I keep writing songs!
I am actually the best songwriter in Scout Records and I am collaborating with many famous artists!" I say and smile.

"And how has your love life been? You married yet?" He asked and laugh. "What about that blonde that I got to meet? He seemed like a good guy"

"DAD!" I said and blushed... "Me and Erwin are just friends!"

"Of course. But make sure you marry soon! You are going to be left alone if you don't." He said and smiled

"Dad I am still 23! I still have time!" I said and blushed even more.

"Don't worry, wether you marry or not, you are always going to be daddy's girl." He said and hugged me.

2nd Hanji: "Ahem. Sorry to interrupt but we have more important things to say."

"Oh yeah that's right. Sorry." He said and looked at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

2nd Hanji: "Hanji you need to let us go."

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked not understanding what my other self was talking about.

"That is correct Hanji. You need to let us go. You can't hold on to us for ever. Time flies and you should go with it." My father added.

2nd Hanji: "That's right."

That's when I noticed that the second Hanji was wearing the pair of goggles that I was wearing in my father's funeral cause they were a gift on my 18th birthday with a small card saying «Don't let anything hold you down. Take these and fly to the sky with along with your dreams. Life is waiting for you». That was the reason why I wore them in his funeral... And that was the reason why I realized that the second me was the broken me right after my dad's death.

2nd Hanji: "It's high time you already moved you idiot." She said and threw me the goggles.

"That's right. You have disappointed me. I gave you these as a sign of not giving up and you do exactly the opposite. Stop holding us and move on." My dad said.

"But...if I do I might forget you! And I don't want to forget you! I don't want to let you go! I need you more than anything!" I said crying and hugged him.

"Hanji you are not going to forget me. I will always be with you." He said and pointed to my chest." I'll always be there."

I hugged him even more. "But I need you father. I need you more than anyone. You left way too early. I want to have you here with me! Sing with you, laugh with you, play the piano again with you!"

"I will always be right there with you. Anytime, any day. I'll be there, even if you don't realize it." He said and tightened his grip.

"So you don't need to look too closely to realize that I'll be right here with you. Right here in your heart. That's were our memories together are. They are not in your brain." He said and smiled.

That's when I noticed that my past self had already vanished. I was still crying but I didn't care much.

"Now give me a smile." He said and smiled. I smiled as well. "That better. See, are really beautiful when you smile!"

"By the way before I go, I met two excellent people that wished to talk to you. So I brought them along." He said and suddenly two people got in. A male and a female. The guy, was tall and had light grey eyes and silver blond hair. His bangs where hanging over his forehead between his eyes. He smiled a little when he saw me. Then, a short girl followed him. She was young with green eyes and shaggy red-brown hair. Her hair consisted of short layers and messy bangs while the rest was kept in two pigtails. She greeted me with a huge smile on her face.

"Hello, my name is Furlan Church and here is Isabel Magnolia" said the guy.

"Yo! So you are the one Levi has been talking about all the time. I hope you take care of him!" She said and smiled.

My father then came and placed his hand on my shoulder.
"These two are the ones who came with me up there. They are Levi's friends and they are pretty good guys."he said and smiled. "Which means I have good company!"

I turned again and they were both smiling at me.

"We apologise, it's partially our fault too but there is nothing we can do about it now. " The guy said.

"That's right unfortunately. But please just because Levi got left behind, doesn't mean he wanted to! Suicide was on his mind for a long time before meeting you. After that, something changed!"
The girl continued.

"That is correct, but perhaps it would have been more appropriate to say that you were the one who changed him. So we have to thank you for that... Also... Please we beg you to forgive him." Furlan said and then he and Isabel bowed.

"Please" the both said.

I turned to my father and saw him shining. I then turned again only to see Isabel and Furlan shine as well.

"I guess it's time to go" my father said and hugged me.

"Why can't I come with you! I want to come with you!" I said and tightened my grip thinking that it would prevent him from leaving again...

"Your place is here Sunshine. Not with me. Sometime in the future maybe, but not now." He said and kissed my forehead.

"I don't want to forget you daddy...." I said crying.

"You won't. You'll teach yourself to go on without me. You are smart after all." He said and laughed.

"I will...." I said and hugged his upper body tighter since the down part had already vanished.... "I love you Daddy...."

"I love you too sunshine" he said and then his smile faded as well...

After that everything fell apart. It's this dream again. I run and reach the part where I need to grab one of the arms... The first one was smaller but seemed strong... The other one was more muscular. And when I fell....I choose the first one. It pulled me up while the other one fell along with the debris into the black. A voice suddenly spoke

"Thank you... I will love you always".

I was about to see the face of the first voice when a bright white light blinded everything....