Chapter One-Shocking news

CLARE P.O.V.

Something was ringing.

Seconds later, I realise its my alarm. I pull my pillow from under my head and put it on my face and ears to block out the noise. The ringing was as loud as before. Maybe even louder. I grabbed another pillow and pressed it onto the first. It seemed like there was no difference. I groaned, throwing both useless pillows aside.

"Stop that bloody alarm up, Clare!" I hear mum screech from downstairs. I pick up the noisy thing and hurl it across the room. It lands with a thump onto the floor and finally the noise stops.

I jump out of bed and pull on my slippers. I grab my towel and bag of toiletries and make for the bathroom before Connor gets to it before i do. God knows how long he spends there each morning. I shower quickly, drying myself hastily and slipping into my clean uniform. I bounded down the stairs and into the kitchen, my tummy growling.

"Morning Mum, Dad. Ughh eggs AGAIN", I moaned, eyeing the plate of runny stuff in disgust. Just saying, I love eggs but since we've been having them since FOREVER, I'm fed up.

"There isn't any more toast or milk. Go try Mr Smith's local supermarket and see if it's open", Mum hands me some money. I snatch it off her and scowl because I have been going down to Mr Smith, asking for bread and milk for the last, i don't know...5 days?

I think mum can't be bothered to go shopping. Which is why I avoid breakfast sometimes, or just go to a nearby cafe.

I get to Mr Smith's shop five minutes later.

"Hey, can I have two bread loafs and a litre of milk please?", I ask for the 5th time this week, hoping for some change to spend on the chewing gum on the counter.

"Again?", Mr Smith laughed, his hairy double chin wobbling, "I must say I would get fed up with that after eating it once or twice!".

Creep.

I pay him and while I wait for him to find a plastic bag to put the food in, he starts talking to me about school, when the postman gives him the morning paper.

"Oh my Gosh, look!" Mr Smith thrusts the paper in front of my face, when he reads the front page. I look down at the small writing.

"The council have decided that crime has become a common thing in Corial Town, so they will install CCTV cameras everywhere to prevent danger. Read more on page 2", I read aloud. What?!!!!

Mr Smith starts blabbering about how he thinks it's a good idea blah blah blah. I pick the shopping and leave him talking to himself.

*********************

When I get home, exhausted, I dump the food in the kitchen and hurry to tell my family the weird news. I find Mum reading the paper, Connor leaning over mum to read too. Dad is watching the news on T.V.

"Hey, Mum, read about that camera watching stuff? Weird! Imagine they put it in our bedrooms too?". They all look up at my, looking all serious.

"Clare, you gotta be careful", says Connor, my 17 year old twin brother, "When the council make those decisions, they mean it. You can't go making fun of them or someone will go telling them and we'll all be in trouble."

I raise my eyebrows at Connor. I'm his age and he thinks he could sass me.

"Your brother is right", Dad butts in.

"Ok. Just saying", I shrug, stalking out of the room. I hitch my skirt up and put on my leopard stiletto heels which Ms Fenton, my headteacher, says are 'strictly forbidden'. Then I walk out of the front door to school, not bothering to wait for Connor to come with me.

I know i've missed the bus, so I walk to school.

**************************

As soon as I'm through the school gates, I know I'm late because everyone is lined up and teachers are taking roll calls in the school grounds. I run half-way across the grounds to get into my class line, careful not to slip in my heels. I hear some wolf-whistles.

"CLARE JONES!" I hear Ms Fenton yell. I stop running. Ms Fenton has got to me and yanks my arm. "Why are you late?" she asks.

"Uh Ms, sorry I forgot my school purse at home, Ms, Never gonna happen again Ms, sorry Ms" I gabber, trying to tug my arm out of her grip. My best friend, Laura catches my eye from my class line and giggles.

I silently beg for Ms Fenton to let me off because I'd have to go to detention and that means another letter home. Mum will go BALLISTIC.

"That's the fourth time this week, Clare. Later today, when the cameras are set up, we'll soon know the reasons for you being late!", Ms Fenton pushes me into line with the rest of my classmates. I know I was so close to having to write 'sorry Ms Fenton, ill never be late again. Im a disorganised and clumsy girl' 200 times in her office, which would have taken me ages because i just got my leopard print nails done yesterday.

I turn to Laura and start telling her about my week-end, when I hear my headteacher shout "I'll see you in my office, NOW, Clare Jones!".

*************************

HEY PEOPLE! It's a bit boring at first but I PROMISE you this story is about to get so MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!! so I'll be writing the second chapter soon!!! Feel free to comment and vote on this chapter. Thanks for reading :)

#Wattys2015