Chapter 4

I woke up with a gigantic headache. It feels so bad that I feel like I'd have to go to the hospital but that would just be dramatic. Alcohol hey?

I'm in this foreign room. I can't remember how I got here. All i remember is that I came to a party with Julia, then met a super hot guy. WAIT. DID I...

No no. I think I had a conversation with him last night about it and he said that we didn't do anything.

I go downstairs, and the smell of freshly roasted coffee beans fills my nose. It's such a delicious smell.

When I get downstairs, I see a familiar face.

Zach

"Oh hey Autumn, how'd you sleep?"

"Um good. Thanks for letting me stay here. I wouldn't have made it home alive, but where's Julia?"

"I think she went home with some dude"

"Seriously? Looks like I'm taking the bus again."

"I can drop you if you want?"

"No, no. I'll be fine."

"I can take you, no problem. Just eat some breakfast and take a shower, then we can go"

"Oh wow. Thank you so much, Zach"

With that said. I grab some bread, toast it, and eat it with some ham and cheese, with some fresh and warm coffee. Delicious.

After breakfast, I take a 10 minute shower. That shower has the best water pressure and the temperature is perfect. I wash all of the make-up off and wet my hair.

After all of that, Zach offered me his sister's clothes but I refused. He literally forced me to wear it so I did.

It was a jean shorts with a tank top. For shoes, I put my Vans back on and tied my hair into a ponytail.

Before we left, Zach gave me some tablets to help me with my headache. He just met me a few hours ago and already, his so welcoming.

We took a 20 minute drive to my house and parked a little bit further from my house because my parents were home and they'd be furious if they see I'm with a guy.  Especially since I stayed out all night without telling them.

When I got into my house, my mother came straight to my arms.

"Autumn Violet Jones. Where have you been?"

"Oh , please excuse me mom. I was so stressed about this test, I stayed over at Riley's so that we could study a bit more"

"Okay. But next time you need to tell me, okay? I was worried sick"

"Okay. I'm so sorry mom"

"It's okay. Now. Follow me"

I was nervous. I didn't know why she wanted me to follow her. Am I in trouble? I was wondering since I was blindfolded.

When I took off the blindfold, a Mini Cooper stood infront of me with a huge, red bow covering the front.

"Suprise!"

"Mom, dad what is this?"

"Look, Auti. We know you just started at Harvard, and you've been working your butt off just to make sure you make us happy and to get the best marks"

"Mom, I-"

She indicates that she wants to finish.

"You have been listening to us and I know you have been struggling with public transport. So I think that this is the best for you right now. Your father and I decided to sell this home and move to Roseland"

"Mom, but that's far away from campus and it will be hard for me to drive 1 and a half hours to campus everyday"

"That's why you won't be living with is anymore"

"Mom. WHAT?!"

"Calm down. We're not kicking you out. We just thought that it was best for you to move to campus because I know for a fact that you're really busy with work"

"Mom. Really? Are you dead serious?"

"Yes. I already got you a room on campus. Luckily your roommate is Julia. It's girls and boys divided."

"Wow mom. Thank you so much. I love you so much. I can't believe this is happening"

"I love you too.  I'd do anything for you. You're an adult now. From here, your life begins."

WOW. I'm moving out of my parents house onto school campus. This can't be.

This is amazing.

(Thanks for reading! Autumn is entering the adult life! Will she be able to handle it on her own?)