[40] - Arlong Park Arc ~ 10

Start from the beginning

Luffy grips his other cutlass with both hands and swings it with all his might at Arlong's head. The Fishman catches the blade end in his teeth, causing the blade's end to go flying while he bites down and crushes the remainder of the sword still in his jaws.

"That's enough!" Arlong snarls. "Now, die!"

"Shut your face!" Luffy spins around and strikes Arlong on the side of his face. The sheer force from Luffy's punch was enough to shatter Arlong's teeth.

"WHAT?! HE JUST SHATTERED ARLONG'S TEETH!" The villagers exclaim.

But as a marine biologist I knew sharks. And while the damage my captain did was incredible for a human, even by one with Devil Fruit powers standards, it wasn't going to mean squat.

Arlong clutches at his mouth, not a single tooth remains intact.

"You're right! I don't have a clue how to use a sword, you bastard!" Luffy yells to his fallen opponent. "I'm a terrible sailor. I definitely can't cook. I'm no expert on sea life, or weapons. And I can't even lie! AND WITHOUT MY FRIENDS TO HELP ME, I WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD A LONG TIME AGO!!"

Arlong chuckles behind the hand he's holding over his mouth. "So, you fully admit how pathetic you are. You may be a fool, but you certainly are honest. How must your crew feel tolerating this idiocy day in and day out? I bet they're sick of it."

"He may be an idiot sometimes, Arlong, but at least he's an idiot with morals." I step in.

"Still it makes me wonder, why they'd try so desperately to save their half-wit leader. Someone like you doesn't deserve a ship or a crew. Least of all a woman like (First Name). What good is a rubber-brained captain to her or them? What can you possibly do?" Arlong asks as he gets to his feet, rubbing his aching jaw.

"I can kick your ass!" Luffy retorts, causing Nami to laugh at Luffy's comeback.

🏴‍☠️️☠🏴‍☠️️

"Well get to it, numbskull." Sanji huffs. "And you better not let anything happen to (First Name)-koi!"

"If he dies, I'm gonna kill him." Zoro groans.

"Kinda contradicting yourself there, aren't ya?" Ghin grunts out.

"Shut up."

☠🏴‍☠️️☠

"I've got your backs, Luffy! (First Name)!" Usopp shouts.

"Kick his sorry fish ass!" Hikari cheers.

Soon enough the whole mob of villagers, along with Johnny and Yosaku, shout out encouragements.

"Cheer all you want, but it won't change a thing." Arlong's destroyed teeth fall out. And in only a few seconds a new set grows in and takes their place.

"He's got new teeth!"

"He's a sawshark Fishman. When sharks teeth break or fall out, they've got a new set right behind the front ready to take its place." I explain.

"A sea life expert, indeed. The little lady's correct. New teeth will grow one after the other. And with each set, they become stronger." Arlong removes his new teeth. "Endlessly." Another set immediately grows in. He then pulls out that set. "As many as it takes."

Luffy is in awe at the sight, but it was nothing I hadn't seen a million times during my countless underwater explorations. And it's far more impressive when a shark does it naturally, not to show off, like how Arlong is doing.

"This is but one of the many gifts we Fishmen possess."

"That's so cool!" Luffy exclaims, only to be met with my fist to the back of his head. "OW!"