[35] - Arlong Park Arc ~ 5

Start from the beginning

Bellemere smiles and hugs her daughter lightly, also recalling the happier times, as they both look at the first map Nami ever drew.

🏴‍☠️️☠🏴‍☠️️

(First Name) and the pack were now wandering through the island's thick forest with no destination in mind. The young water woman is doing some her own recalling as well.

💭Eight Years Ago💭

A/N: Images in collages do not belong to me. All rights go to their rightful artists. I just put them together to make picturing the story easier for you all.

(First Name) was passing through Cocoyashi Village to restock on supplies, since she heard the farmer's market was the best one on the island

(First Name) was passing through Cocoyashi Village to restock on supplies, since she heard the farmer's market was the best one on the island. She was incredibly lucky to get what she needed before a light rain started pouring down. The villagers begin scattering to get inside their houses as the rain became heavier. Since she couldn't make it back to her ship that was docked on an out of sight beach near Gosa village, the mayor/sheriff of the village, Genzo, saw her predicament (a story of how she was getting supplies for her parents, whose ship was docked at Gosa). She didn't like lying to the kind man, but she couldn't tell the truth about traveling with a bunch of animals in her one-girl manned boat, less she wanted to gain unnecessary attention from the Marines.

It was in the town's police station, Genzo offered her a towel to dry off. The young girl (even though she looks like a teenager) politely takes it, even though she doesn't need it, as whether in her hybrid form or not, she doesn't stay soaked for very long. As she 'dried off' by the front entrance, something bumps into her from behind and falls to the ground. The young pirate looks over her shoulder to see a young orange haired girl, on the floor, sniffling, and she could tell it wasn't from being out in the rain. She could see the girl's tears beneath the streams of rain.

The little girl, whose name she discovered was 'Nami', told her the story of how she ran away from her foster mother's home because they had a dispute on how they had so little money, when her and her foster sister, Nojiko, had noticed that their mother-figure hadn't been eating nothing but the tangerines from her orchard for the past few days.

(First Name) hands off the job of toweling off Nami to the kindly mayor/sheriff while she used his kitchen to fix them all something to warm them up. Some nice honey milk and tomato soup.