[33] - Arlong Park Arc ~ 3

Start from the beginning

The three Fishmen tackle one of the Usopp silhouettes which is, in actuality, a wooden log with a branch growing out upwards mimicking a human arm and another branch sticking on the tree's front resembling Usopp's long nose. The sniper even went as far as to place his goggles on the log.

Usopp smirks as his plan works perfectly, coming out from his actual hiding spot in the tall grass. "Egg Star: Special Attack!"

The rotten eggs splatter all over the Fishmen's faces, blinding them temporarily, as Usopp snatches his goggles off the log and makes his getaway back through the tall grass, cackling to himself.

"I guess Fishmen aren't all they're cracked up to be. Just wait until I tell (First Name). She'll be so impressed. Not one of those scaly morons can catch Captain Usopp!"

But the Straw Hat sniper's victory is short-lived when he finds himself between a rock and a hard place. Or in this scenario, the end of a cliff and three angry Fishmen.

"Well, that's weird. I'm back at the shore. How did I get here?"

To make matters worse, the three Fishmen were getting closer to the poor sniper. But the young man's cowardice is equaled by his cleverness. He manages to evade the Fishmen by more than a few inches, by mimicking the posture of a slim, leafless tree growing at the very edge of the cliff, obscuring him from the Fishmen's view. Even with his puffy black hair sticking out it didn't give him away due to its resemblance to a bird's nest.

"Huh. No one's here."

"Must've been hearing things."

"That guy sure can run."

"Alright, men. Let's move on."

And with that the Fishmen off and away from the cliff end.

Usopp is in happy tears at (yet again) escaping from the Fishmen. But the sniper can't seem to catch a break today as the edge of the cliff he's balancing own gives way causing him to tumble down the cliff face and onto the beach shore below, unaware that one of Arlong's head officers, a smelt-whiting Fishman named Chew, is on a neighboring shore, shaking down a human villager for information.

He is a muscular, blue skinned, smelt-whiting Fishman, evident by his thick lips. His Arlong Pirates tattoo is seen on his right shoulder. He wears a necklace, a striped blue vest, dark-brown leather pants, and sandals.

The sniper, left with nowhere else to run, is ultimately captured by the smelt-whiting Fishman and dragged all the way back to Arlong Park by his nose

☠🏴‍☠️️☠

Zoro waits boredly for Luffy and (First Name), sitting on Arlong's lounge chair throne, surrounded by a throng of unconscious, beaten Fishmen. His tight white shirt replaced by the bandages wrapped around his upper body and an open dark blue, short-sleeve button-up with light blue swirl and wave designs all over.