EIGHT|WORKING GIRL

Start from the beginning

"We broke up, though" Armani said interrupting him once more, "For real this time. And I'll get a job. That way I won't need you or my mom's money"

"Armani, I don't know" Big Muh shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose he always did.

"Dad, please" Armani said, grabbing onto his large shoulders, "Don't send me back to Jersey, I like it better here....with you" she said stroking his ego.

"I am the better parent huh?" He snickered to himself, "This is the cost of being cool"

"Oh yes, the coolest" Armani rolled her eyes behind his head.

"Fine" Big Muh gave in, "I'm giving you until New Years to get it right. If not, back to Jersey you go"
Armani beamed, and she hugged her dad tightly, "Thank you, Dad. I promise, I won't mess up"
She wasn't sure how she was going to do all the things she promised, however at the moment she just had to secure her spot in Philly. She didn't want to go home with her mother, because it wasn't shit to do there and she had more enemies than she could count. While things weren't perfect in Philly, she took to it more than her hometown.

Big Muh took a deep breath, and then relocated his large body down the stairs. He gestured for Armani to come along, so she could tell her mother the news. He knew Jocelyn was going to throw a fit, because her mind seemed to be made up.

"So, mom" Armani started, staring at the middle aged bombshell across from her. Even at eight am, her mother was dressed flawlessly in designer, her Cartier reading glasses sitting at the tip of her nose as she stared Armani down. Armani was trying to focus, however she wanted to ask her about her new dye job because it was all that, and if she knew her mother she had spent a grip on it. If it was anything she missed in Jersey, it was the constant shopping trips with her mom or even when they spent their days getting their hair and nails done. Sure, Armani got to do all that in Philly but it wasn't the same without Jocelyn there.

"Dad said I can stay, if, I get a job and provide for myself. And, I'm going to enroll back into school for...nursing" Armani said winging the shit out of it.
Jocelyn raised her brow, "Mhh hmm, absolutely not" she shook her head, "Your dad don't pay your hot ass any mind, he's too busy into himself"

"Excuse me?" Muh threw his neck back.

"Why, did you fart?" Jocelyn asked, causing Armani to have to hold in her laugh, "You heard me, you spend most of your time arguing with that little girl you got living in here. Oh yes, I know what goes on in here"

Big Muh rolled his eyes, next chuckling, "Armani is staying" he said, now feeling challenged.
The two battled looks, and Armani couldn't help but feel awkward as her parents lowkey had sexual tension. Or more so Muh, who was glaring at her mom like he wouldn't mind if she was the first thing he ate that day. Truth was he hadn't seen Jocelyn in a while, and every time he did she captivated him with her beauty once more. Jocelyn smirked, reading Big Muh's eyes without him having to say a word.
"Fine" she raised to her feet, "But she's your problem now. Don't call me when she burns your house down"

Armani was offended, but she took her moms words with grace as she was just glad she wasn't dragging her back home. She have her mom a hug, and watched as Big Muh walked her to the door.
"Thanksgiving dinner is at my son's house this year, he just purchased it not too long ago" Big Muh said referring to Nico, "You should stop by, you know the food won't disappoint"

Jocelyn ran her eyes over Big Muh, taking in his solid form even though he was damn near crossing fifty. He was still in perfect shape, with glowing skin and a salt and pepper beard. She knew why she tried to steal him from his deceased wife all those years ago.