"B-But Trinity wore one." She stated with a small frown.

I refrained from the urge to roll my eyes at the mention of Trinity's name.

"Well, that's because I didn't like Trinity." I took another step forward and as she took one back, her back hitting the counter. "Not the way I do you." I murmured as I finally situated myself in front of her, placing my hands on either side of her, locking and caging her in.

"You're not taking me seriously," She mumbled as she looked down.

"Hmm?" I said looking at her. I literally didn't hear much of what she said just now because I was distracted.

How could someone be this beautiful? Especially both inside and out?

I really wasn't kidding about this beating around the bush shit. I was going to be completely forward with Ophelia because I wasn't a patient man and said patience, was wearing thin.

Slowly, I leaned in to kiss her but she quickly put her hands in front of her on my chest.

I looked down at the action and kept in the urge to groan at the feeling of her soft hands on my skin. Ophelia's eyes widened as she caught what she was currently doing and she quickly removed her hands from my naked chest.

"I'm working." She wrung her fingers. "And you're my boss now." She muttered.

My face hardened and my eyebrows scrunched together. If she was implying what I thought she was, then I was going to fire her ass right now and we'll see what other excuse she would come up with.

"And?" My voice came out harsher than I intended it to.

Just as I said this, I heard the door open and I knew that it was just a few minutes to six so it must be the maids.

About 4 of them passed by the main kitchen where we were, chatting among themselves.

They looked at the position that Ophelia and I were currently in but quickly snapped their eyes back in front of them, continuing their conversations.

Ophelia instantly tried shuffling against me to escape after they leave and I moved to give her space. "See, I-I don't want people to think I'm favorited." She mumbled.

I understood what she was getting at. She didn't want to be treated differently because of what the other workers would think of her, but needless to say, I didn't care, and neither should she.

If I wanted to spoil the fuck out of her, then I was going to spoil the fuck out of her.

Instead, I nodded my head and gave her the benefit of the doubt. I would play this out and see where this goes.

Walking slowly backwards, I then turned around and I made my way back upstairs to take a shower, leaving Ophelia alone in the kitchen.

-----

Clipping my cufflinks together, I grabbed my briefcase and walked downstairs, saying small greetings to my staff as I walked by.

Finally reaching the bottom, I saw Ophelia by the coffee table, brown paper bags in front of her.

I didn't have time to eat because I had quite a few calls to make before showering and I instantly felt bad that she worked so hard on it just for me not to eat it.

She quickly stood up straight as she placed her hands in front of her.

Before I could say anything, she picked up one paper bag and brought it to my face.

"Your breakfast," She gulped as I took the bag from her hands, warily opening it up and undoing the clear container, the sweet aroma of sausage, egg and bacon immediately hitting my nose.