Chapter 20: Shattered Silence

Author's Notes: (pic from the gamepedia Zelda wiki) Okay, I've got to admit. These couple of weeks have been downright overwhelming. I don't like to trouble y 'all with my own issues but let me just tell you that I have had to deal with finals, multiple projects, homework on top, online work, regular work, and a bunch of other junk all piled on top of each other. I'll tell you straight up that I started writing this on Thursday the 9th, 5-9-19. I vow that I will never sacrifice quality for sticking to a strict schedule. I hope that I'll be able to get this completed and edited to my standards by Sunday but I'm not sure. If not, I apologize for that. Just know that I am still determined to close out the fic strongly and I hope that the ride will be worth it for all of you. Thank you again. 

(Spoiler alert I did finish and edit it by Sunday)
Okay this is getting tiring but I think the latter half of this chapter may as well be my Magnum Opus of the whole book. I don't think it has reached heights higher than this : ) 

(btw Happy Mothers Day! Call your mom, tell her you love her. Or call someone who deserves to be celebrated on a day like this. Enjoy spending time together.)

 Song Notes: Tell you what, I've been saving this once since chapter fifteen. I KNEW that this song had to be for this chapter. It's up to you now to figure out why : )

Slight warning: Mentions of blood and mild violence in the chapter. Nothing too graphic

The sun shined through the slight gap in the curtains and ended up, right in Revali's eyes. He put his wing up to block out the light and groaned. Rubbing his eyes, he slowly moved to the side and sat up on the bed. He put his wings on either side, pushed himself off, and stood up. As per usual, he stretched and felt several cracks and pops as he got moving. He managed to find his pants and threw them on. Instead of heading downstairs, he decided to peer out the window. Moving the curtain out of the way, he looked outside. The day was bright and sunny, just what you'd expect from a perfect summer day. Looking over, he saw Link's shape still underneath the blanket. Revali smiled to himself and covered up the window so Link wouldn't be rudely awakened. Turning around, he started towards the stairs when he got a huge whiff of something strong. A sort of manly, musky smell. He looked around in confusion before he tilted his head down and smelled himself. Revali, unmistakably, smelled like sex. 

Truth be told, he wasn't actually bothered by it at first. He let a satisfied smirk cross his face as he sauntered down the stairs. After a few minutes though, he quickly realized that he needed a bath. Before the night had concluded the way it had; Link told him about a small bath on the first level. He had to do a bit of sleuthing but finally found the room in question. There was a small bath to obviously bathe in and a couple of small commodities like soap. He filled the tub with water and cleaned himself until he was as fresh as a new day. Upon leaving the room, he noticed that Link was still asleep. He chuckled to himself and got to cooking up some breakfast for the two of them, it was only polite. 

Link awoke to the sizzling sounds of bacon in a pan and the smell of eggs cooking. He got up from his seat and quickly stood up, and then sat back down. The hero knew that he going to be sore but hadn't expected it to hit him like that. It wasn't painful but it was more... a dull, continuous annoyance. After throwing on some pants and a random red shirt, he walked down the stairs. Revali was standing at the kitchen counter making breakfast, still shirtless.  Link waved to him as he took his seat at the table. The champion took two plates and walked over to the table, setting them down. He then used his wing to play with Link's messy bedhead. Once his wing was swatted away, he went to his own seat.