Chapter 11: Sand and Outrageous Outfits

Author's Notes: (picture from the gampedia zelda wiki). Okay guys I think the emotional turmoil is done... for now. I just wanted to make sure that I established the thought process and motivations for Revali as soon as possible so it'd be easier to understand why he acts the way he does. Now I can focus more on actual, you know, action happening. This is gonna be fun! Of course now that they're in the desert it's gonna be just like the games. No guys allowed in, and it is frikin hot. I wonder how'll they'll manage?

Thank y'all for being the best ever, I can still hardly believe this has over 400 reads. This is one of the best things I've ever decided to do and it is helping motivate me in other parts of my life. So from me to you, thank you :)

Notes about the song: My other favorite song from Marina and the Diamonds. I'm sure you can tell from the lyrics that this won't be too obscure. After reading this chapter you should know exactly why I put it here. 

*edited for spelling and tiny mistakes sorry bout that. Won't happen again

Well, Revali wasn't wrong, the desert was awful. He said as much after they stepped foot through the natural rock gateway created by the nearby canyons.

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere," he huffed after kicking a small pile of sand with his claw. Link rolled his eyes and tapped his shoulder.

"The sooner we get through the desert the sooner we can get out of the sand. It's only a short trek to Kara Kara Bazaar and Gerudo Town after that," Link signed to him. Revali let out a sigh and leaped into the air using the gale. Fortunately the Zero was well equipped to handle most terrain the world could throw at it. Wanting to be a bit stylish Link went to the top of a large sand hill, summoning the Zero at the bottom. The strings of blue power appeared below and the Zero sat patiently waiting. Pulling out his shield he jumped off the mound and put his shield under him. Gaining a fair amount of speed before leaping off and tucking into a ball. He completed the flip and landed on the seat with a thud. Link grabbed the throttle and the Zero roared to life and shot down the sandy road. He took the moment to throw on his helmet as the small oasis became larger and larger in his view.

He slid to a stop right in front of a palm tree, part of the small circle of trees that made up the perimeter of the Bazaar. The palms provided a nice amount of shade but the air was dry and hot. Nothing could stop the heat from making both men sweat profusely. While Link washed his face in a nearby basin, he heard the telltale sound of Revali landing. A slightly heavy thud in the sand behind him and the gust of a strong wind. He raised his head out of the water and gave him a thumbs up, Revali returned the gesture.

"This is miserable, what I wouldn't give for a spa right now," Revali grumbled as he found his own water basin and began washing his face. The basins littered the place specifically so residents could relieve some of the heat from the harsh climate. He was also happy that besides water, his feathers also repelled dust particles and sand alike. It at least made the sand slightly bearable instead of turning him into some kind of sparrow. He couldn't even imagine bathing in dust like some of the birds that lived in the region. It made him shiver just to imagine the rough texture of the sand on his feathers.

"There's a spa in Gerudo Town if you want to stop there," Link signed to him after watching the Rito wash around his eyes. Taking note of the several merchants that took residence in the Bazaar.