Chapter 10: Traveling Trials and Ambiguous Adoration

Author's notes: (picture from Zeldapedia). So that last chapter, how about that. I hope that the fight between them did not come off as lacking in any way because I truly wanted it to have feeling behind it. Two sides of the same coin with wildly different views on how one task should be handled. I've had many lengthy discussions about some of the themes mentioned and I hope that you could feel some of that same tension that exists in those conversations. Neither person dislikes or hates the other but can't help but get heated at the difference in philosophy. It's find it very refreshing sometimes to have some verbal conflict. I will probably have more in the future but not as dramatic as last chapters. This will be mostly due to them being more acquainted with each other further than where they are now. Thank y'all for sticking with me, I love y'all <3

ALSO before anyone mentions it I'm capping myself at 7-10k words not 9k I meant 9-10 but didn't spell that out well. So yea at a maximum these will be 7-10k words and will never hit 11k. That's what i'm shooting for, thank you for bearing with me.

About the song: I don't think there's any extremely obscure meaning behind the song that I would be pulling at for this chapter. I just find it sets a very specific mood and state of mind that I find fits really well. The only question is, who's state of mind? (okay based on the lyrics it might not be too difficult)

Warnings: Some video game level violence. Big themes of depression like the last few chapters. I promise it'll get happy but it's gotta be sad first.

Another dreamless night and another sunrise. Revali woke up feeling a bit sick in the stomach, no particular reason why. He couldn't handle the extensive deluxe breakfast that Cecili provided so he settled for some toast and jam. It was enough to give his stomach something to grind on while also not being too much as to make himself nauseous. He eased out of bed once again and reapplied his makeup in the mirror. He could hear the loud crunching of toast from Link while they both went about their business. Link had planned for them both to leave early in the day so he told Revali to meet him at the entrance of the Village at around eight. As Revali exited the Roost he noticed that the sun was still low in the sky; he figured that he had around an hour of free time. Of course, being him, he already had his things packed and ready to go. He heard the fabric rustle behind him and Link emerged from within the inn.

"Just remember, front of the village at eight," Link signed to remind him. He obviously still needed to brush his hair as there were several places where it was sticking out.

"Yes, don't worry I've got it. You forget that I was the only one, besides you, who was always on time to everything in our group," Revali replied. He was standing near one of the railings and leaned down so he could sit his head and arms on top of the wood rail. For a moment he just sat there watching the sun slowly rise a few specks higher. It was still hidden behind some of the mountains so the village was only dimly lit at this hour. Revali knew it wouldn't stay that way for long.

"I know, I just like to make sure everything's alright. I have some places to stop at so I'll meet you then," he tapped Revali's shoulder and signed to him. Link had a couple of supplies to stock up on but he also wanted to make sure he talked to Kass if he was awake. Nothing like a chat with a good friend to send off a journey.

"Alright, see you then. I have a few things to attend to myself," Revali said quietly, trailing near the end. He watched Link turn and leave down the path towards some of the shops and stores. After watching him round the corner he stood up and walked straight towards the music that was slowly filling the air.