Chapter Fourteen: The Family

Start from the beginning

"I'm so glad you two could come." Alice hugged Bella, Bella being as awkward as usual at the sudden touch. Alice's then pulled Daniella into a hug that lasted a little longer then Bella's. Jasper noticed the crease in Alice's brows, but dismissed it as soon as they parted. Dani's smile was soft as she looked into the eyes of the happy, brunette.

She was insecure about herself, unable to hold back from comparing herself to Alice. Dani saw that she wasn't as thin as Alice, nor was she even a close second to Alice's beauty. Slowly but surely she convinced herself that Jasper deserved better.

"Wow they were right. You guys do smell good." Alice spoke with a slight breathy laugh as she pulled back from her and Daniella's hug.

"Alice," Jasper spoked, his face contorted in confused embarrassment.

"What are you..?" Edward completed Jasper's thought.

"It's okay. Dani, Bella and I are going to be great friends." She smiled over to her siblings. A sudden blow of wind through the open window from where Alice had entered, swept through the Cullen's home. Jasper, being caught of guard by the sudden intoxicating scent of Daniella and Bella cause him to stiffen and stand a bit straighter than normal as he tried to gain back his control. Dani took a step away once again, knowing to give Jasper the space he needed at the moment. When she noticed that he wasn't doing any better she took the few steps she had left and stood closer to Jasper. He was still stiff and unmoving, but Daniella just took his hand in her own and held it close to her as she trailed her thumb over his knuckles.

"It's okay, Jazz." Daniella spoke, her words were full of certainty and that was what caused Jasper to relax and look into her honey-brown eyes, "you won't hurt us."

Jasper held her hand and leaned his forehead against hers as their eyes fluttered shut. The Cullen's watched in curiosity as the newly turned 'vegetarian' of the family looked completely comfortable with the human beside him once again. Bella was watching with a slight smile as she watched her twin sister slowly find the love she so desperately wished her sister would find. Isabella had always wanted what's best for her sister. Was she always good at showing it? No, admittedly, she wasn't. However, that doesn't mean that Bella didn't think that, after everything Dani had been through, she didn't deserve the love she was bound to receive from Jasper.

"Why don't I show you around a bit?" Jasper asked her softly, the unusual tone was foriegn to the Cullen's, but it was a tone Daniella had heard from him on more than a few occasions. Dani's small smile and her nod of the head was enough of an answer for Jasper and her to silently leave the kitchen.

As they walked through the house, Daniella took in the intricate placement of each piece of furniture in the home. They walked up the flight of stairs and Dani noticed the framed picture collage at the top of them. She let out a soft laugh as she looked at Jasper with a slight raised brow.

"Are these graduation caps?" Dani had asked. Jasper's chuckle was enough to confirm her suspicions. She looked over at it once again.

"It's a private joke within our family. We settle in a lot of different places." Jasper informed her. Daniella shudders at the thought.

"Sounds horrible, repeating high school like that. I hate it enough to do it the first time, much less this many." She said.

"However, true you are, the younger we start out in a new town the longer we are able to stay." He told her as they continued their way up to the second floor of the home. Daniella felt kind of bad for the Cullen family. Uprooting themselves every few years had to have been extremely difficult for them to do. However she knew that they had most likely gotten used to the idea by now.