dix-neuf | nineteen

Comincia dall'inizio

"Do you like my mommy?" Donald asked.

"Do you have H.I.V?" Olivia asked before Timbaland could answer Donald's question. He gave a disgusted look as to how she even knew what H.I.V was. 

"Alright, come on trouble makers. Sorry for them bugging you, Timb. They just ate sweets not too long ago." I said, holding the hands of both Donald and Olivia.

"It's alright, they're just being curious." Timbaland waved me off.

"He's being too defensive, he probably does have H.I.V." Olivia whispered in my ear. I need to wash her mouth our with soap when we get home in a few hours.

°

"You won't see me tonight, you won't see me tomorrow. I'll be gone by daylight, and you'll be so full of sorrow. You go tell all your friends, how you go then I follow. But you won't see me tonight, no you won't see me tomorrow." I sang into the mic. I watched Nas through the glass, he nodded his head to the beat. I removed my headphones and exited the booth afterwards. 

"So, how was that?"

"Shit was amazi-" He started to say, but I cleared my throat and pointed to the twins who were sleeping on the couch. They might have been in slumber, but they have sharp hearing. "I mean, it's dope. You really have an amazing voice."

"Thank you, Nas. It was a pleasure to be on your record." I smiled, giving him a warm hug.

"Thank you for being on it. I'm just glad that that punk ain't here to stop you." He chuckled. Now that I think about it long enough, I now realize that I feel free. Free to do whatever I want, to wear whatever I want, to sing whatever I want. DeVanté isn't here to stop me from being... me. Wow, I haven't tasted freedom in the longest.

"I'm glad too. Now I can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee." I flared my arms around in a playful manner. Nas laughed at my antics, which were pretty weird. I mean, who else prances around the studio like a ballerina?

"You do that. I'll be heading back to NY soon to visit family today. Haven't been up there since 97', so wish me luck." I gave him a thumbs up and gathered the twins and Julien's stuff so we could bounce. I can't believe, today was a good day.

°

March 31, 1998 12:47 am

"Carmen, wake up babygirl." I heard a baritone voice speak over me. I recognized that voice anywhere.

"DeVanté? What the fuck are you doing here? How did you get in?"

"Never mind that, what the fuck are you doing here? You're supposed to be at home with me and our kids."

"I am home, whether you like it or not. You really ignored the dog shit out of those divorce papers just to try to convince me otherwise, huh?" I raised my eyebrow at him. DeVanté just chuckled and sat his ass on the edge of my bed.

"I mean, can you let a nigga get a chance to?"

"I gave you too many fucking chances, De. You cheated on me twice, that I know of! Face it, you lost my love completely, and you can't get it back." I shrugged. He kissed his teeth and climbed on top of me.

"Give me a chance to redeem myself, baby." DeVanté buried his face in my neck, leaving small kisses on it. I felt moisture fill my panties the more kisses he gave me. I was slowly falling for his sexual trap, and he knew it too.