t w e n t y - e i g h t

Start from the beginning

It all doesn't matter anymore.

- - - - -

You got no sleep last night.

You were just tossing and turning, trying to listen to the conversations the guys had outside when they were switching for look-out.

You get up out of bed and yawn, you already feel sleep deprived, but you push through.

You walk into the bathroom and freshen up, there really isn't much for you to do, they never told you to get anything prepared for a random runaway.

You unlock your door and look outside for anyone, it's just Taehyung, he's asleep on the ground.

You walk out and poke him and he instantly gets up, "Good morning." he says with a sloppy voice, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm hungry." you say, looking outside at the parking lot, only your car left.

You're really in the middle of nowhere.

"There's a small restaurant a little further, I can take you." he says and you nod, walking towards the car.

He gets into the drivers seat and starts the car, and you're both silent the whole way there.

He parks in front of the very small building, it's almost a box size, with no other car in front of it.

You both get out and walk in, it looks old, there's a few wooden tables and chairs for customers, with a failed attempt at decoration using a withered flowers.

There are tacky yellow curtains hung on each wall, and a small bar with one waitress behind it.

You choose a table by the window and she follows with menus in hand, when you both take your seats she places them on your table with a smile, her blond hair clearly hasn't been washed for a while, and her makeup is a few days old.

"Call me over when you're ready to order." she says with a toothy smile.

"Anything you want." Taehyung says and you look down at the menu.

Your eyes instantly read the Tteokbokki and you know what you want, with a side order of nectarine juice.

You both tell the sweet waitress your orders and wait in silence.

You purposely took the table by the window to have something to look at.

But being in a small town that intersects between cities, there's not much to look at.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" you ask, resting your chin in your hand.

"We promised each other we'd tell you after we drove back." he answers, and you realize you'll now struggle to believe anything they all say.

You just nod.

"You hate us, don't you?" he suddenly asks, you finally make eye contact.

"Yes." you answer, looking down at the table.

He leans back in his chair, rubbing his forehead, he seems shattered, but you can't feel sympathy.