11th-Hour Superpower

Start from the beginning

Trist fondly remembers the beautiful, reflective glimmer in Tetra's eyes whenever he talked to them. Even if someone in their presence told a horrible joke or if those beautiful eyes were filled with tears, Trist always admired the two sapphires embedded in their head. They were like a piece of the sky had melted off and dropped onto Tetra's face.

Trist would've never admitted this, but he always dreamed of a future the two would share. Trist already owned a small apartment from graduating the year before, and although it's not the best thing around, he's content. Maybe the two of them'll adopt a few more cats, to add to the four that Trist already owned. He dreamed that he would wake up every morning feeling safe and peaceful as he admired Tetra's still sleeping face next to his. Safety. Happiness. Love. Those emotions the cyan-haired shape seemed to give off like a perfume whenever he was around them. And now, those pure, fluffy emotions that hugged Trist's heart and gave him a will to live were long gone. No more. No more Tetra.

He was going to kill that pink motherfucker.

"Trist- TRIST WHAT THE- HOLD ON, CALM DOWN TRIST, CALM DOWN!" The voice of a shocked woman broke the tense silence as all of a sudden, without any warning whatsoever, Trist just suddenly started to pace robotically towards the door with clenched fists and a deep ire in his eyes. Skye reached a hand out to try and top him, but Neptune tugged at her forearm before she tried to do anything.

Trist just pounded both shaking fists on the door relentlessly.

That fucking bastard took away the one thing keeping him sane, the one thing bringing a smile to his face. The person he's been admiring since childhood. His Protector. His beloved. He tortured them right before his eyes and fucking TAUNTED him for not being able to save them. That sadistic bastard deserves to BURN IN HELL for even thinking about laying his dirty, corrupted talons on the light of his life.

And he would've beat the living shit out of him if it weren't for the fact that Skye and Neptune had stopped him.

Both his fists struck the heavy door, rattling and groaning with each strike. You could hear the hinges squeak with submission under the heavy, desperate strikes of the heartbroken beast. Both of the little white peaks on Trist's head had dropped down to where his proper ears were. A few drops of salty nectar dropped down to the grass below as the shaking boy released all the built-up tension and unbearable emotion inside him. Like a balloon filled with too much air, Trist just burst.

But... even if Skye and Neptune hadn't stopped him... What would he have been able to do?

The size of Blixer's talons was the size of Trist's pinkie finger, and akin to that of an apex predator. They ripped through flesh with ease and he even managed to break Tetra's arm with as much ease as snapping a thin twig. From the sheer size and strength the monster demonstrated during those moments, Trist realised that Blixer would easily break both their necks at the same time without even looking at either of them.

Trist was surprisingly strong, but not to the point where he can break someone's arm with a single flick of a wrist

He would be useless

Useless.

The devastated man sank to his knees as his relentless strikes had been watered down to weak, rhythmic thuds.

Even if he managed to break down the door, the monster would snap his neck within a second.

He felt a warm, tender hand on his shoulder, and looked up to see Skye looking at him apologetically with a face paler than ivory. "Um... Do you want me to get them all down...? We can give them a proper burial..."

Trist nodded weakly, almost as if the sadness in his heart had spilled out into the rest of his body stiffening his movements as it coursed through his veins.