14

A cut so paper thin had never gushed so much blood before.

The thin cut along Hahnas collarbone was inflcited by none other than Octavia herself, and she'd never felt such joy in something so gruesome before.

Hahna was quite dead, and Octavia knew this. She was no fool, but the joy of harming her body didn't cease after the two faced bitches heart stopped.

"You cant keep on like this," Alix spoke, forcefully grabbing the Octavias shoulder. She shook off his grasp, this time cutting a jagged line across the corpses forehead.

"I will do whatever I want to do, Alix," she spoke, throwing the knife away and standing to face her district partner.

"We have to move- no doubt the remaining tributes heard your screams and are on their way here now," Alix wasn't prepared to fight two careers and what he presumed to be the muscular man from seven.

"They aren't that stupid, Alix. It's whatever is left of Lindon and then Glenn, they cant bring down the both of us," she explained, grabbing a fresh dagger and pouring a small amount of melted snow onto her hands to clean them of any blood.

She felt numb to the pain, to the betrayal. It wasn't fair, but neither were the games. And she realized that if she was going to survive, it would have to he on her own accord.

"They wont expect us, so we're going to hunt them."

Octavias cold words had Alix looking at her bewildered. How had an innocent girl become this- monster?

She began walking, holding a knife in one hand and guiding herself through the thick trees with the other.

Alix followed behind her, eventually deciding sticking with her was his best bet.

They had been walking for hours, before a loud rumble was heard and rain began to poor in an unforgiving pelt, and the snow started melting at an unnatural speed.

"Shit!" Alix yelled, realizing what was happening.

"The finale," it dawned upon her, they wanted the games over, they wanted a victor.

Suddenly, the earth below them began to shake and large chunks of dirt began separating.

"Its an earthquake- they're trying to move us somewhere," Alix yelled over the booming thunder.

"We need to get to the cornucopia!" Octavia screamed, her slow pace turing into a desperate sprint.

"No! It's basically suicide!" He screamed. She didn't turn back, just kept running through the wet dirt. The snow had long since been completely melted. This had to end- right now, and he hardly cared who died as long as he came out on top.

So, he ran after her.

-

They were the first tributes to reach the cornucopia, and Octavia panted as she pulled herself from the water. The fish had swam only inches from her, following but never striking.

"We need to get any weapons we can, we need to be prepared!" Alix exclaimed, running to the cornucopia.

"Too late for that," Lindon walked out of the sheltered space, her shoulder visibly wrapped and healing from Octavias infliction.