He helped you sit up, rubbing his hand softly down your bare back, only your bra in the way.

Your eyes found the joggers again, now on the floor. "Throw them."

"What?"

You tuned to look at Harry, and he had to bite his lip and gulp to stop himself from crying. You looked defeated and helpless, devoid of the happy glow that he had written so many songs and poems about.

 You looked defeated and helpless, devoid of the happy glow that he had written so many songs and poems about

"The joggers," You clarified, "Get rid of them. I don't-" You sniffled, "I don't want to see them."

Harry joined the dots. He almost scolded himself for not thinking about it first but he was quick to stand and take the damn pair of joggers and going out of the room, returning a minute later, "All gone."

Your shoulders slumped, closing your eyes as you let the silence engulf you for a minute. "C-Can you hold me?"

Harry's eyes softened. He took of his t-shirt and threw it aside, approaching you on the bed before lying down, wrapping his arms around you and bringing you close to his chest, pressing a kiss to your hair. "I'm here. I'm right here."

"One more bite and that's it." Harry fed you the sandwich, not taking your slight frown as a no, "There."

You held your hand up, "No more."

"No more." He smiled slightly, "Fancy watching a movie?"

You gave him no reply, but hugged Harry's jacket that you wore closer.
He wrapped an arm around your waist, helping you walk from the kitchen towards the sitting room.

Neither you nor Harry were expecting the huge blood spot on your beige sofa. Your body stilled, eyes set on the spot until you felt Harry's hands on your cheeks, turning your head towards him, "Just keep looking at me, yeah? Just me. Nothing else. We're going to go upstairs, back to our room. Everything is okay, yeah?"

You nodded rapidly, blinking away the tears as you held his wrists.

Harry helped you get to the room and onto the bed before turning on the telly and joining you, letting you rest your head on his chest. "I love you," He reminded you, "I love you so much, no matter what."

He knew he wouldn't get an answer, only because you haven't been that verbal with him and seemed to suddenly put your wall up and down.

But he was wrong.

"I love you too."

Outfits:

Yours and Harry's hands were intertwined as you walked inside the NICU, you squeezing his hand and him squeezing back as you assured each other

Approaching your baby, Iris, you gave yourself the time to actually look at her that time.

"She gained weight." Dr. Reina said with a smile, "Only a matter of time until she can stay warm without the incubator and eat on her own."

You and Harry were in awe as you stared at her.
It almost made Harry melt when you reached out, softly running your fingers on her bare stomach, a smile making its way to his face.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this." You whispered, looking down at her.

Harry closed his eyes, taking a breath as he kissed the back of your head, keeping his hands on your waist from behind.

"She's beautiful." He whispered, staring at her as she looked up at the both of you, "Looks like Tommy, doesn't she, love?"

You hummed, leaning your head on his.

"And she's going to look gorgeous like you," He spoke softly, pecking your cheek twice, "As strong."

The tug of your lips into a hint of a smile was enough to have Harry's heart fluttering, feeling as if he achieved something.

"Beautiful name by the way." Your doctor commented, "Whose idea was it?"

"Y/N's," Harry smiled, looking down at you, "She's got the brains in this marriage," He chuckled, "Because we called this little one Petal all the time, right baby?"

You hummed in confirmation, not looking away from Iris who gazed at you.
"Our petal."

//

shshsisjsb i'm sorry for the lack of ig posts but i feel like you should know about the process xoxo