[132] Work Song

Real Life

"Mama!" Tommy laughed as he looked back at you as you sat on the sofa before looking back at the book in front of him, "Cat!"

"Yes, baby," You smiled, "That's a cat."

"Cat!" Eva repeated, bringing her hands together to clap, "Meow, meow." She said in a small voice, making you to break into giggles.

"What about the dog? What does the dog do?"

"Woof! Woof!" Both twins answered in unison as they sat beside each other on the ground in front of you.

"Good job!"

"I'm home!"

You and the twins looked towards the door once you heard Harry's voice, Tommy and Eva excitedly standing and wobbling towards him, babbling nonsense along the way that had you laughing. You stood up and walked towards them, finally seeing Harry kneeling down, both kids in his arms as they hugged.

"I missed you, too," Harry giggled, pecking their heads, "Were you good to mummy when I was gone?"

"Good!" Eva repeated, giving him a toothy grin.

"What about you, lad?" Harry looked at Tommy, bumping noses which left Tommy a giggling mess.

"Good."

"Good job!" Harry encouraged, leaning to kiss their cheeks, "Let me greet mummy properly now, yeah?"

"Yes, please." You smiled, heart fluttering at the sight. Harry stood up, both twins holding onto each of his legs as you approached him, pressing your lips against each other. "Hey."

Harry smiled, pecking your lips again. "Hey."

"How was the meeting?" You asked him, looking at him as he bent down, carrying Eva and Tommy in his arms before you both walked towards the sitting room.

"Uh," Harry chuckled nervously, gently putting the twins down on their mats and looking at them as they began playing, "We talked about something interesting." Harry said as he sat down, patting his lap and opening his arms for you.

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion as you sat, wrapping your arm around his shoulders, "Yeah?"

He nodded, looking up at you, "We're making a music video for the single."

You grinned excitedly, "That's incredible! It's been so long since you've had one."

Harry nodded, a smile on his face as he took in your reaction, "It is but," He paused, "There's this one thing."

"What is it?"

"I want you to be in it." Harry said gently, a hopeful smile on his face.

Your eyes widened, heart beginning to race as you looked at your husband as if he was mental. "What?"

"It's for the song I'm most proud of," Harry began, putting on of his hands on your thigh while the the other gently gripped your hip, "I wrote it about you and you know what the songs I write about you mean to me," He added, resting his head back on the sofa, "They suggested a music video for it and- it's a very intimate song. I don't want anyone else in the video but you. I don't want some-some aesthetic shit. I want you."

You pouted as you grew emotional, before breathing out. "I honestly don't know, H, I mean- I haven't even heard the song."

Harry stuck his tongue out to the corner of his lips as he stuck his hand in his jogger shorts' pocket, taking out his phone and holding it out to you, "I have it. I was going to let you listen to it tonight."