✓ Chapter Seventeen.

Jeongyeon's POV

Lotte Mall - the aftermath

"Momo!", father finally arrives at the scene, I step back from them, I don't have the right to hold her in my arms or comfort her.

"Did you see Mina? Where is she?", I didn't mean to sound bitter about watching father hold Momo in his arms hurts.

"She- she went to the bathroom when it happened ... I- I don't know where she is now", father took off his jacket and wrap it around Momo's shoulder and kisses her temple. I can't stand watching them, I ran towards the bathroom. Just short before I get there, I see Mina talking to a police officer, did he put his hand around her waist?!

I frown and bristly walk towards them, "Mina", I pull her off the officer's hand and wrap my arms around her, "are you hurt? Are you okay?", I check her front and back.

I see Mina smile, "I'm okay ... just a little shaken up".

I caress Mina's back, drawing circles to soothe her, "oh thank God", I rest my forehead on hers, Mina blushes at my gesture.

"Miss Myoui, I see your friend is here, you may go", I glare at the police officer.

"I'm her fiance actually", he bows his head to me, apologizing to Mina and me for his 'slip up', "Let's go Mina", I hold her hand to guide her out of the mall.

Father inform us, the police wanted all the witnesses to go to the station for further investigation, but he talked Momo and Mina out of it since technically they aren't witnesses and they've informed police office they didn't see anything.

Yoo Manor

Everyone is waiting for us in front of the mansion. I can see Seungyeon shaking as I drive Mina and me down the driveway.

"I'm glad you are okay", Chaeyoung smiles at Mina and Momo.

"Everyone, please ... I know you are all worried about them and I'm glad Momo and Mina are alright, but let's let them rest for a bit", father rest his hand behind Momo's back, "I want us to go to Mirae's farm in a few days, I think we all need a vacation after today", we all agree with him.

I pull Mina with me towards my room, I give her my clothes to change into. After she's done I invite her to bed with me, she blushes but lays down next to me.

"You're okay Mina", I caress her cheek, her eyes still so dull even with a faint blush painting her face.

"It was ... scary Jeongyeon ... the sound of the gunshot rang in my ears, they still do", I pull her closer to my chest, "... I was so worried about Momo unnie, she was so close to where the shooter was. Thank God nothing happened to her".

I stroke Mina's hair, hoping it would soothe her, "let's sleep now, everything's okay", I kiss her forehead and she hugs me.

I feel a pang of guilt as I feel her hands grip my shirt tighter. I can't do this- I can't keep being with her. My heart ... my heart is with someone else. Every time she smiles, her laughter, her touches, her reciprocating to my ... fake feelings are all sincere. I close my eyes and force myself to sleep, try not to think about anything or her... Mina, I'm sorry.

Chaeyoung is sitting on her bed with Sana next to her. They stayed silent, Sana waits patiently for Chaeyoung, she wants to comfort her but she's afraid to.

Finally, Chaeyoung broke the awkward silence between them, "I just stood there ... frozen ...", Chaeyoung rubs her face, "I wished to hug her or kiss her or comfort her in some way!", she covers her face and falls back on the bed.