35 | ring of fire

"We're all going to die," Jovie said calmly as they stood staring at the herd of Reapers. They didn't even look human. "This is it. We're all going to die."

"Are you guys ready?" Finn asked. The two nodded, getting ready to run. It was now or never. Finn nodded in return then stepped out and screamed. "Hey! Over here!" The Reapers all turned to look at him and started screaming. The three wasted no time sprinting away, leading the crowd of Reapers towards camp.

They were halfway back when the sound of an explosion in the air made Jovie look up. Her eyes widened when they saw a bright light barreling towards Earth. She was so distracted by it that she didn't realize there was a fallen tree in front of her, so she went stumbling to the ground.

"Get up, Jo!" Lincoln screamed, yanking her to her feet. He pushed her forward so that she was running again, taking the back so that he made sure she didn't trip up again. If the Reapers caught up then they were done for and Lincoln had grown to admire the younger blonde. She had a fire inside of her that he hadn't seen in many people. She would fight to the end, but she would love to the end too. He didn't want to see her slaughtered by the Reapers.

Their screams felt like they were getting closer, which just made them run faster. By the time that they had gotten to the army of Grounders, they just hoped the Reapers would go for them instead.

"Reapers!" Tristan screamed. When the Reapers saw the Grounders, they turned and ran after them instead. Jovie let out an internal sigh of relief as the three of them managed to slip by. Finn ran through the tunnel entrance to get back to camp, but Jovie and Lincoln stopped when they saw Bellamy and Octavia.

"Bell! O!" Jovie screamed, running over to them. She collided into Bellamy, so relieved to see he was okay. She pulled Octavia into the hug, squeezing the two Blake's probably too tight. When she let them go, Octavia hugged Lincoln.

"Lincoln?" She said, surprised to see him with Jovie.

"You did this?" Bellamy asked, referring to the Reapers who were currently at war with the Grounders. Surprisingly he didn't sound angry, but rather grateful and even a bit impressed.

"With Finn," Jovie told them. She wasn't planning on telling Bellamy that she had left but maybe it wouldn't matter now. They had more things to worry about. Lincoln then looked at Octavia's leg that had been shot with an arrow.

"It's deep. I can help you, but you have to come with me now," he said.

"Go. Let him help," Bellamy told her. Jovie was shocked that Bellamy was actually wanting Octavia to go with Lincoln. He hadn't trusted the Grounder in the past, especially not with his sister. But she guessed he valued her safety more than anything and at this point Lincoln was the only one who could help her.

"No way. I have to see this through," Octavia argued.

"You can't walk and I can't get you back to the dropship," Bellamy said.

"Octavia, you need to go with Lincoln," Jovie urged. "It's the only way you can be safe."

"They're right. This fight is over for you," Lincoln said.

"O, O, listen to me. I told you my life ended the day you were born. The truth is... it didn't start until then. Go with him. I need you to live. Besides, I got this," Bellamy said, ending the sentence with a small smile. Octavia pulled Bellamy into a hug like it was the last time she was going to see him. The truth of the matter was that they didn't know if it would be the last time. Anything could happen down on Earth, especially when they were at war.

"I love you, big brother," she said quietly.

"May we meet again," Bellamy replied.

"May we meet again," Octavia said. Bellamy and Lincoln helped her to her feet and Lincoln grabbed onto her to keep her steady. Jovie gave Octavia one last hug before nodding at Lincoln.

"Jo, you should-" Bellamy started before she shot him a look that warned him not to even finish that sentence. She wasn't going with them. She couldn't let them finish this fight without her. She wasn't going to just leave Bellamy.

"Keep her safe," Jovie said to Lincoln before nudging him forward before Bellamy could make her go with them. "Love you, O." Lincoln immediately ran off with Octavia in his arms, the brunette just staring back as she left the two people she cared about most to possibly die.

"You're so stubborn, Sunshine," Bellamy said, making Jovie smile.

"You're just learning that now?" She joked. He laughed and shook his head. He had learned a long time ago just how stubborn she was. She didn't take orders. She did what she wanted when she wanted. It was something that frustrated him as much as it inspired him. She was strong as hell and she was the only person he wanted to have by his side.

"Now to the wall!" Tristan screamed. Jovie looked over to see that the Grounders had defeated the Reapers and were now back to going after the delinquents. Bellamy and Jovie gave each other a look before they took off through the tunnel entrance to get to the dropship. When they got inside the camp, it was total mayhem. Grounders were slaughtering the delinquents that remained outside the dropship and grenades exploded all around them. It was a full-blown war zone.

"Bellamy, Jovie, run!" Clarke screamed from nearby the dropship with Finn hovering behind her. They took off into a sprint to try to get to the dropship. Bellamy leaned down to grab a gun and broke off to run at Tristan, trying to shoot the gun to find that it was empty. Tristan swung his machete at Bellamy, barely missing him.

"Bellamy!" Jovie screamed. She had two options: she could save herself and go to the dropship or she could risk her life and try to save Bellamy. It was a no brainer which she chose. She ran at Tristan as he punched Bellamy and sliced his arm with her dagger, making him release Bellamy. He turned on her and swung his machete towards her, but she was quick to dodge it before she swung her dagger at him again. He jumped out of the way before kicking her in the stomach, knocking her off her feet as she gasped for air. Suddenly, Finn came out of nowhere and tackled Tristan to the ground next to Jovie.

The fighting continued as the dropship door closed, leaving Jovie, Bellamy, and Finn stranded outside among the Grounders and a few lingering delinquents. Grounders went running towards the dropship, but the three knew the delinquents' plan. The ring of fire.

"Jo, come on," Bellamy said as he pulled her off the ground. She stumbled as she ran, not even really focusing on where she was going. It was when she looked around that she realized she had gotten separated from the others. She whipped around when she heard a branch crack behind her, thinking it was Bellamy or Finn. It would never be that easy though.

"Natstrecha, just the one I need."

THE END