19 | powerful

It had been a few days since they had captured the Grounder and saved Finn. Jovie found herself restless. Bellamy had doubled the security of the camp, to make sure no one got in or out. That included Jovie. She was still recovering too though. By now she was able to walk on her leg, though she still felt a mild pain when she put pressure on it for too long. The bruises on her ribs were starting to fade, but they were still tender to the touch.

At the moment, Jovie was sitting in Finn's tent with him and Raven. When Jovie wasn't helping clean up the camp, she was keeping Finn company. He was still on bedrest and she knew how awful that could be. Over the time that she had spent with them, she realized Raven was probably one of the coolest people she had met. And despite knowing the connection between Finn and Clarke, he had lot of history with Raven. It made her feel bad for Raven.

"So, you stole that from a Grounder camp?" Raven said, pointing to the dagger that Jovie was twisting around her fingers.

"Yup," she said proudly.

"Weren't you scared they were going to see you?" Raven asked.

"Blondie doesn't think too much about what can get her killed," Finn answered. "And she's almost been killed a lot."

"My brother and I are like cockroaches. We're hard to kill," Jovie joked. She was forcing herself to believe that John was still alive, even if she was aware it was very possible he wasn't. She just refused to accept the alternative. "And one of them did see me actually. I just ran before he could catch me." Raven laughed and shook her head. Clarke then walked in to do Finn's check-up and Raven's face dropped almost immediately.

"How are you feeling?" Clarke asked Finn.

"Weak, bored," Finn said, wincing a bit when Clarke put too much pressure on his wound. "Grateful to be alive."

"Well, if you want to stay that way, you should rest," Clarke advised.

"I'll tie him down if I have to," Raven joked, though it ended up just making things more awkward. There was an uncomfortable silence for a few seconds before Clarke turned to Jovie.

"Jo, I need you to go on a run with Bellamy," she said. Jovie sat up in excitement. She had been so bored the last few days, so the fact that Clarke was asking her to do something that involved leaving camp sounded like music to her ears.

"Finally," Jovie said. "Where to?"

"There's an emergency aid depot that the Ark found. We need to see what's in it, if there's anything useful," Clarke said.

"It's not safe out there," Finn interjected.

"I'll be fine, Spacewalker," Jovie assured him. "I know what's out there more than anyone." Considering she had spent several nights watching and learning everything she could about the Grounders.

"Clarke, you ready?" Bellamy peaked his head into the tent.

"Jovie's going with you. I want to stay here to make sure nothing happens," Clarke told him. He frowned.

"I don't want her going," he said. Jovie rolled her eyes. Of course he didn't.

"Why not?" Clarke asked.

"She's still recovering," he said. "That's just another responsibility that I don't need."

"Don't worry. I can take care of myself," Jovie said as she pushed past him. "Now let's go." She was excited about going, but if Bellamy was just going to be a jerk then she wasn't sure about it. Bellamy seemed annoyed as he trudged after her. She watched as he grabbed his things and she couldn't help but notice how much food he was bringing. "I thought this was a day trip."