10 | never do

It didn't take long for Murphy to retaliate. It also didn't take long for his followers to be back on his side. After Charlotte's confession, Bellamy and Clarke were quick to get her out of sight. Jovie entered through the back end of the tent and she was greeted with a knife in her face. She pushed Finn's hand down with a frown.

"Relax, it's just me," she said. He immediately lowered his knife and stepped aside so she could come in.

"Jovie, I'm so sorry," Charlotte immediately cried out. "I didn't think they would do that to him!" Charlotte was clearly nervous that Jovie was going to yell at her for letting them hang her brother, and part of her was mad at Charlotte, but that didn't matter now. First they had to figure out how to fix this problem.

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!" Murphy yelled from outside.

"Why, Charlotte?" Bellamy asked as he ignored Murphy's demands. They had to find out the truth before they could do anything about it.

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me," she explained.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke demanded. Jovie sighed. She remembered the advice that Bellamy gave Charlotte when they were stuck in the cave. He didn't mean it literally but apparently she didn't get that because look where they were now. Still, Charlotte should have known better.

"She misunderstood me," Bellamy defended himself.

"Killing Wells was not what he meant," Jovie added.

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy screamed.

"Please don't let them hurt me," Charlotte begged. Jovie wanted to smash her head against a wall. She was so frustrated with the entire situation. This was all because of a misunderstanding and it led to chaos.

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up," Bellamy said. When no one answered, Bellamy scoffed. "Now you stay quiet!"

"Those are your boys out there," Finn snapped. Clarke rubbed her hand over her forehead, clearly as frustrated as Jovie was.

"This is not my fault. If she had listen to me, those idiots would still be building the wall!" Bellamy said.

"Everyone, shut up!" Jovie said. They all looked to her. She sighed, running a hand through her hair as she thought about what to do. "Alright. This time I am going to talk to my brother. If not to get him to back down then at least to give you two some time to get her out of here." Jovie instructed Finn and Clarke. She turned and glared at Bellamy. "And you're coming with me. Where I can keep my eye on you." She thought she was just starting to trust him, but after that move that he pulled he was going to need to start over.

"You want to build a society, princess? Let's build a society. Bring her out!" Murphy said.

"No! Please, Bellamy, Jovie," Charlotte cried. Bellamy knelt down to get to her height and grabbed her by the arms.

"Charlotte, Hey, it's gonna be okay. Just stay with them," he said, meaning Clarke and Finn.

"Get ready to run," Jovie said, looking from Clarke to Finn. "And keep her safe." The two of them nodded then Jovie turned on her feet and walked out of the tent, Bellamy right after her.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to join us," Murphy said.

"You don't have to do this, John," Jovie said. "Trust me, I'm just as mad about this as you are, but revenge isn't justice."

"Yeah, but it sure feels good," he said.

"Dial it down and back off," Bellamy ordered.

"Or what? What are you gonna do, Bellamy? Hang me?" Murphy said.