52. Not The Drake We Know

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." We both got up when Emma stopped me.

"Wait for me here." She said.

"Why?" I frowned.

"I just, I want to do this alone. Just wait for me here, please. I'll be more comfortable that way." She shrugged.

Guess she doesn't need to hear you nagging about her being pregnant anymore.

"Alright, whatever you wish. I'll be right here." I gave her forehead a quick kiss before she walked off.

"But mommy, I'm bored." I heard the little boy's voice.

"I know, baby. I won't be long, I promise. Just like the last time, wasn't I quick then?" His mother spoke softly to him.

"Yes." The boy nodded, his curly short hair moving around as he did.

"I promise I will be this time too, and once I'm done we'll go for ice cream as you requested, my prince." She gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"Mrs. Hastings. Dr. Marry is waiting for you in room four." The same nurse told the mother of the little boy.

"Alright," She turned to her son, "you know the drill, baby, right?" She held his hands.

"Yes, mommy. I will not talk to anyone, I will not move or get out of this chair until you come back." The boy replied.

"And if anyone came to talk to you, don't reply. Just stay silent until I come back, okay? I'll be right back, baby, don't go anywhere." She gave him a quick kiss on his forehead before taking her bag and walking towards the room.

He sat up straight, took out a candy bar from his pocket and started eating it, wiggling his short legs in the air.

He's adorable.

"Hey, man." I leaned a bit in his direction. He looked at me and stopped chewing for a second then looked back in front of him silently.

"How old are you?" I asked but he didn't bother to look my way again.

At least he does listen to his mother. He must be around 4 or 5 years old, not older.

"Did you notice that we are the only men in this clinic?" I pushed further yet he only continued to eat his candy.

"I know you shouldn't be talking to me, but I'm just nervous. My lady might be pregnant." I smiled when he looked my way and blinked with his big hazel brown eyes, debating whether to talk to me or not. He decided against it and looked back at his candy, so I decided to leave the poor kid alone. Five more minutes and Emma came out.

"Hey, baby, how was it?" I instantly got up and held her hands in mine.

"Still nothing for sure. She said that even if I was pregnant it wouldn't show this fast. I won't say I told you so." She poked my chest with a finger.

"Then why are you so tired and nauseous most of the time?" I furrowed my eyebrows as we sat down again.

"Don't know yet. She took a blood sample and made me pee in a cup, but she told me not to get my hopes up because it takes a few days and sometimesup to a week before the pregnancyhormone shows in the blood." She pouted adorably, making me chuckle.

"I guess we'll know soon enough now." I leaned in to give her a soft kiss when I heard the little boy beside us softly start crying. We both turned his way to see him rubbing his wet eyes and trying to stop making noise.

"Oh, baby, what's wrong?" Emma instantly got up and crouched in front of the kid.

"His mother told him not to talk to strangers. I don't think he'll tell us." I crouched next to her, and put one hand on the boy's knee.