Chapter Thirty Three

"About time!" Alex shouted from his bottom bunk as the bus cruised into the parking area. The entire bus erupted into cheers of joy and loud laughter. I heard shuffling and the sound of people discussing today's schedule as I sat upright in Jacks bunk, rubbing my forehead. 

"Is it hot in here or is it just you?" Jack asked, turning to lie on his side.

I smiled awkwardly at his cringy joke and quickly pressed my lips against his forehead before climbing out of the bunk, "I'm not even going to dignify that with a response."

He laughed and lifted the duvet above his head, despite the almost uncomfortable heat. 

"I don't wanna play!" He groaned, his voice muffled underneath the duvet. He insisted on having a purple duvet. He exclaimed that it was "For Baltimore!" 

I reached across the short distance of the corridor and grabbed a pillow from Alex's empty bunk.

"Get up! Get up! Get up!" I shouted and started to repeatedly hit the bump in the duvet where he was curled up. The bump shook as Jack laughed. Alex noticed the screaming coming from the back of the bus and started to join in. Fetching a large pillow from underneath Rian's head, he started to help to get Jack out of bed. 

"What the fuck?!" Rian muttered angrily.

In the next hour, the band and crew were all crowded into the narrow bus, discussing today's timetable. 

"So you play, then you have two hours until a signing at the tent. Come on, we have to set up." A member of the crew announced. He was met by nods and a scowl from Jack. 

The large group of crew members started to talk more until eventually I stopped listening and took out my phone. I walked to the back of the bus and slumped down onto the sleek leather sofa. I sent a quick text to Claire, asking her how she was. I felt terrible leaving her back home with only Kim to keep her company. As she approached her due date, she was becoming anxious. I promised her we would text and Skype and I would hopefully get to meet her before her due date. Hopefully. She replied back almost instantly. 

Claire:  Feel terrible, you?

Holly   : Why what's wrong? I'm fine.

Claire:  Idk, I just do. Pregnancy sucks

Holly  :  Haha, sorry sweetie! Alex and all of us are so excited! 

Claire: So you're going to come on the day?

Holly  :  Of course! 

"Hey! We're leaving now.You wanna come?" Jack asked, two dark brown guitar cases in his hands. I glanced down at my pyjamas, raising my eyebrows and he smiled. 

"Be at the tent in ten minutes? You can't miss it!" he smiled, waiting for my approval. 

I nodded and he grinned and walked off the bus, kicking the door behind him. Hearing the bus door slam, I sauntered down the hall and managed to climb up onto the spare bunk that Jack and I used as a place for luggage. I quickly unlocked the suitcase and rummaged through the colourful bundle of summer clothes, looking for something to wear. Grabbing a pair of denim shorts, I shimmied out of my pyjama pants and quickly zipped them up. Pulling my old t-shirt over my head carefully, I looked down at my stomach and traced the outline of the slightly faded operation scar that decorated my stomach with a sharp fingernail. It hid some of the knife mark but didn't completely cover it. I winced with pain as my nail met with the edge of the scar. Drawing my finger to my face, I was greeted with the sight of a drop of blood on my finger. Panicking, I quickly rubbed it off my arm and pressed my palm against my stomach. I threw the bright shirt I had in my hand back in the bag and reached for the nearest black t-shirt. Quickly throwing the blink-182 top over my head, I started to search for my other shoe. I found it in a cupboard and started to lace it up. I hastily ran a brush through my hair and grabbed my phone before leaving the bus.

"Hoolllllyyyyy!" Claire groaned from my phone, obviously annoyed and impatient.

"I'm here sorry! Someone stopped me for directions. How's baby Holly?" I joked to Claire, leaning my left ear against my shoulder, where my phone was. Since we didn't know the gender, Jack and I joked that the child be named after us when it was born. 

"I don't know any baby Holly, but we're fine."

"Getting excited?" I asked happily, turning left. 

"I suppose, it's getting real now. I'm really gonna be a mom." Claire spoke from the other end of the phone, slightly muffled.

"What's that noise?" I asked, confused at the crunching noise coming from the other end.

"Oh," Claire apologized, "I'm eating. Oh, guess what?"

"Do tell." I answered, moving the phone to my right ear.

"Do you remember that guy we met like the second time I came to L.A? Well, he was-" Claire sang from the other end.

I didn't get to hear her full sentence as people walking behind me, accidentally bumped into me, knocking my phone out of my hand. They muttered an apology and continued walking. I sighed and walked to pick it up, hoping the screen wasn't broken. Before I could reach to the phone, a tall, blond haired boy had bent down to pick it up for me. I smiled and went to thank him as he started to rise from the dirt floor. He took a quick glance backwards at me and then to the car only five feet away from him. I cocked my head in confusion before the boy sprinted toward the car and slipped into the passenger seat, slamming the door behind him. The car sped away, as the boy laughed from the window. 

"Thanks bitch!" He called out cheerily, mocking me.

I stood with my mouth, gaping. I was annoyed and the extreme heat wasn't helping. I shouted a string of curses at him, and realised it was no use. I walked wearily to the tent, seeing the band sitting there, laughing and joking. I stopped walking as they saw me. I remembered the texts and photos I had on that phone. They stared confused at me as I chewed the inside of my cheek. How was I going to tell them?