Chapter Nineteen

I didn't have enough money left over to fly to New York. I had given Alex back his brothers money. I didn't feel right having it. Kim had offered to pay but I couldn't keep living on everyones kindness and pity. Every day was the same; waking up and calling the hotline. Eventually, they told me to stop calling, I was holding up the line. They would call me if they had news. I nervously paced around the large house waiting for the call. 

Boredom was far too familiar and I had resorted to doing practical things in my spare time, the house was unusually neat. I developed a penchant for always having the TV turned on. It made me feel less lonely. Loud rock music played from Kerrang while I sat cross-legged on the floor with the phone in my hand. I always answered on the first ring. It was never Ciara. 

" Hello?" I asked nervously.
"Hello! Holly? It's Alex!" The voice said.
"Oh..Hi Alex." I muttered. I was happy to talk to them but I was hoping it was news from New York.
"What's wrong with you?" He asked.
"Nothing, so how are you guys?" I asked diverting his attention.
"Oh we finished last night! We're on our way home now. We're -" Alex said but he was cut off. I heard people arguing and scuffling from the phone.
"HI HOLLY!" Two loud voices shouted down the phone. I smiled and held the phone at arms distance. More fighting.
"Hi Jack! Hi Rian!" I smiled. I knew it was them. 
Laughter echoed from Alexs phone. 
"Sorry Holly! Alex is dragging me away from the phone! We'll be home in about an hour or 2! So, how are-" Jack screamed. The phone hung up and I put it down smiling. They were those kind of people who make you forget bad things when you talk to them. I turned the TV up louder as blink-182 "The Rock Show" started to play. It reminded me of when Jack and I had danced in the car to this very song. 
I smiled, stood up and started to clean up the living room for them. 

 An hour later I was finished cleaning the living room. I had fallen over and banged my ankle off a bass but the room was sparkling. Proud of my work, I slouched down on the sofa as the next song played. A familiar song started to play. Chattering high pitched voices talked over one another until the guitar kicked in. I heard this song every morning. Alex sang it to warm up.
"Well I'm stuck in this fucking rut, waiting on a second-hand pick-me-up. And I'm over getting older."  sang Alex from the TV. His hair was normal back then, not pink. It felt weird watching them on the TV now. The phone rang again and I stumbled over to pick it up from the coffee table.

"Hello?" I asked nonchalantly, thinking that it was the guys. 
"Hello. Holly? It's Officer Dent from New York." A unfotunately familiar sounding voice said.
"Oh yes it's Holly. Is she-" He cut me off and informed me.
"She's been found. Drugged and can't remember much. She's going to be questioned but she wants to return to L.A. I will call you when we have more infomation."  He quickly hung up before I could thank him. Relief overcame my body and I smiled. I wanted to know what had happened but for the meantime I was glad she was okay.
The TV was still playing All Time Low.  The front door slammed open and I heard four voices. They were laughing and joking and dragging large suitcases and guitar cases into the house. They paused and saw that they were on the TV. Alex started to sing along,
"This could be all that I've waited for and this could be everything I don't wanna dream anymore."
Jack groaned, "Not this song again!" I laughed and ran to hug them all.