I gulped, not really saying anything.

"Do you want to see him?" She offered. I hesitated.

Me and David really weren't that close. He was dad, but...he didn't grow up with me.

"Yes. Sure." I mumbled.
-
I walked out slowly from the hospital, feeling sleep deprived. I rubbed my eyes, before pausing once I saw a familiar car.

It was Leo's. He had his arms crossed and his eyes shut as if he was asleep. Did he wait out here all night?

I walked over slowly, tapping on his glass. He slowly opened his eyes, looking over at me and smiling.

He rolled down the window.

"What are you doing here? I thought you left." I shivered, crossing my arms.

"I wanted to see if you were okay. Plus, it's not like David wasn't my teacher back in the day." He smiled.

I nodded. I forgot about that.

"He's fine." I mumbled, before sniffling.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked sleepily.

David said I could go home without him. I nodded," I think I am."

"Get in." He tilted his head to the seat next to him. I nodded slowly, making my way over and hopping in.
-
I stared blankly outside of my window, thinking deeply. Why did Amanda and Leo even call off their wedding? And why did no one tell me about it sooner?

"Hey Marlie." Jacky suddenly snapped her fingers in my face. I looked up at her surprisingly. I almost forgot she was here in my apartment.

"I've been trying to talk to you for three minutes now." She pouted.

"Oh sorry." I smiled slightly," What's up?"

"I was asking you about how you and Leo were doing. Do you still like him?" She raised an eyebrow with her arms crossed over her chest.

I looked away, almost rolling my eyes. "No i don't like him. He's just...familiar I guess." I shrugged.

Jacky sighed, sitting opposite of me and taking my hands into hers. I looked over at her with wide eyes.

"I don't want you to get hurt again Marlie." She mumbled.

I furrowed my eyebrows," Why would I get hurt?..."

She bit her lip as if she was hiding something," Nothing. It's just that maybe Leo is a bad influence."

I raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, think about it," she started," He was involved in some bad work with your dad and he put you through so much pain."

"And he's saved my life in numerous occasions." I added.

Jacky sighed, "You're missing the big picture. There should be no situations where you should have your life saved so many times."

I nodded, I couldn't argue with her on that. But, Leo didn't scare me. Being near him and nice and I felt safe. I wasn't scared.

-
I walked into my work place a little late, holding the strap of my bag.

"You're late." Amanda said, looking down at a couple of papers as I reached my desk out of breath, a camera bag strapped.

"I'm sorry. I was caught in traffic." I sighed, which was not true. I just had a bad dream and woke up late.

"It's fine. Just help me out." She looked up at me with the papers.