[21] - Baratie Arc ~ 3

Start from the beginning

"You can't keep doing this in the restaurant every other day!" A chef holding back Sanji says.

"You're not such a big shot now . . . " Sanji's expression is that of a feral animal bent on tearing apart its prey, no matter what holds it back. " . . .Are ya?!" Fullbody looks ready to piss himself.

Just then, two familiar bodies crash through the ceiling of the restaurant from the second level. It was Luffy and Zeff. 'Luffy don't tell me you've been arguing with Zeff this entire time while I've been working my ass off to get us out of here. Now he's gonna pile this on to our debt.'

The customers look in shock at the two falling through the ceiling.

"What happened?"

"Are they okay?"

Luffy sits up from being crushed by Zeff after they landed. "I can breathe again."

"Boss Zeff, what's happening here? You didn't hurt yourself, did you?" Another chef asks, concerned.

But Zeff just shakes it off and looks up to the hole in the ceiling. "Dammit. My ceiling! Another thing that's gonna have to get fixed because of you! This is all your fault, you brat! Why couldn't you just take the deal I made with your friend?"

"Because it still would have been too long! And how is it my fault?! You attacked me!" Luffy exclaims back in Zeff's face as he places his fallen straw hat back on his head.

"Boss! Can you stop messing around and give us a hand?! Sanji's gone crazy again!" One of the same chefs struggling to keep the rampant sous-chef in check cries.

Zeff and Luffy stop arguing enough to turn and see what's going on.

"Hey, Sanji!" Zeff calls to the young man. "Don't tell me you went on another rampage in here, you idiot!"

"Put a cork in it, old man!" Sanji snarls.

"Oh, now you're ordering me around. Just who do you think you're taking to?" Zeff demands. "Do you want to sink my restaurant to the bottom of the sea, you punk?" Zeff delivers a peg leg kick across Sanji's face.

Fullbody chuckles at the chewing out Sanji is receiving. "You too!" The Marine lieutenant starts as he sees an intimidating head chef looming over him. "Get your ass out of my restaurant!" Zeff gives Fullbody another swift peg leg kick, but much harder than the one Sanji received.

"How can you deny our motto that the customer is king?!" Patty yells.

"The only kingly customers are the ones who stomach the slop that you call food." Sanji retorts

"That's it. If you two wanna fight, you'll keep it in the kitchen, understand me?" Zeff orders.

Fullbody manages to sit back up even after the beating he took.

"Lieutenant!"

I look into the open entryway of the restaurant and see a Marine stagger inside. "Lieutenant Fullbody. We . . .We've got trouble!"

Now this is turning into quite the party.

"Wow. This restaurant is crazy." I hear Luffy mumble.

"Sir, he's escaped! Pirate Krieg's henchman attacked us and vanished?" The Marine exclaims.

'Did he just say Krieg? As in Don Krieg, the pirate who uses any and all underhanded methods in order to win and the Admiral of a fleet of 50 pirate ships? And these Marines were able to capture one of his men?'

"He what?!" Fullbody is shocked at this new information.

"Well sir, we've already lost seven of our men and the only thing we wanted out of him was a lead on finding Krieg."