0: PROLOGUE.

This book is dedicated to my father in heaven (God)

This book is dedicated to my father in heaven (God). Secondly, to all ladies out there facing tough times in their matrimonial homes but still manages to smile through it and lastly, to the beautiful reader who decided to read this. Thank you.

May bowed her head down in shame

May bowed her head down in shame. Her coffee, doe eyes were filled with tears of pain,
immeasurable hurting. She was trying hard not to let the tears fall as her dad's words pierced into her heart like a sharp knife.

"You're a disgrace to this family." he proclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at her. "Just
look at yourself. Do you see how much of a mess you are? Your mom and I gave you everything
you ever wanted!"

She fiddled with her wrist band. Her grandmother, Ese, had given it to her as a present. She couldn't look at her dad's face nor could she talk back. She wouldn't dare.

"We've only wanted the best for you, your mom and I. We gave you everything you needed and you pay us back is by getting pregnant from an ordinary gateman's son?! At this age..?"

At the age of seventeen, still in secondary school, getting pregnant was indeed a big disgrace to the family and especially to her father's reputation.

The tears flooded from her eyes to her small, cute lips. She tasted the salty liquid and squeezed her eyes shut, wishing time would reverse so she could tell Edric, the twenty-year-old gateman's son responsible for her pregnancy, that she didn't want to be his girlfriend. Then she
wouldn't have to stand outside her house with a bulging stomach and her family looking at her with contempt. Especially her dad.

"For bringing shame into this family, I disown you. You are no longer my daughter."

She threw her head up with a shaky intake of breath. Her eyes were wide because she couldn't believe what she had heard.

"Father... It was a mistake." she managed to croak out.

He looked away from her and with a gesture of his hand, he ordered his securities to push
her out of his compound. As she was dragged out, she stretched her hand to her younger sister -
whose hand was reaching out for her to hold, as if that was going to bring May back into the house. But the two security men forcefully held Esther back.