Sorry's Not Good Enough

Well, looks like you guys wanted an original chapter, so here ya go! It's going to be a two parter, so I hope you're okay with that. 

"You can't go."

I rolled my eyes, clenching my jaw before kicking the punching dummy, satisfaction flowing through me as it fell to the floor. I was angry, that was obvious, and I really didn't want to hear anything from Bree about leaving. My decision was final, and I already contacted the university and told them the verdict.

I was leaving.

"I need to get the hell out of here." I finally replied. She picked the dummy off the floor, allowing me to continue punching and kicking. "I can't live in the same house with my ex, especially how we ended things. My aunt won't talk to me because she found out I was bionic, everyone is staring at me, and...I just need to go. I need a fresh start." I let out a breath, turing to Bree. "Don't try and stop me, Bree. Everything is already settled."

"So everyone knows you're leaving?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow.

Everyone but my bastard of an ex. I made sure no one told him until I was ready, though I didn't think I ever would be. He could find out the day I leave and I wouldn't care. I spend the past week crying my eyes out, only to have my tears be replaced my anger. And to release my anger, I came down to the lab everyday and trained with the punching dummy. It was either use the punching dummy, or use Chase.

I so badly wanted to use Chase.

By the time Bree went upstairs to work on homework, I was still training in the lab. Punching and kicking was very therapeutic, and it helped keep my mind off the stress going on right now.

"Hey," I spun around, my chest heaving heavily as I panted, sweat dripping down my face. Chase was leaning against the lab door, a nervous look on his face. "Can we talk?"

"No." Was my quick response. That short stop made me realize how tired my limbs were, so I decided to stop and grab the towel I brought down, drying off the sweat. "What you can do is go back upstairs and leave me alone."

"Come on, Alex. We have to talk."

"We have to talk?" I repeated incredulously. I could seriously strangle this boy! "We could've talked a week ago when you were breaking up with me. We could've talked when you and Sabrina were working on the project; when you were starting to like her. So no, we're not going to talk." I wrapped the towel around my neck, trying to keep my tears at bay. "I have to go pack."

"P-pack?" He asked nervously. "W-what are you talking about?"

Guess I was telling him now. "I got an early acceptance to Columbia University. I leave next week."

His entire face paled, his body going rigid. Noticing he was in a state of shock, I pushed past him and hurried upstairs, no longer wanting to deal with him. My blood boiled every time I saw him now, and I hated how my heart still ached. The three years we spent together went straight down the drain, and all the plans for the future went with it. I truly thought we would be forever together, but I guess Chase thought differently. And that's what killed me.

Once I showered and cleaned myself off, I changed into my pajamas and started packing. Every item of clothing was stuffed into my suitcase, objects being shoved in boxes. The emptier my room got, the heavier my heart got. It was like seeing the walls bare really forced the news down, and I couldn't help but allow a tear to roll down my cheek. I took a deep breath in hopes to calm me down, geo leaping to the one person I needed to talk to right now.

My mom.

I gently sat down on the grass, hugging my knees to my chest and resting my chin on top. "Hi, mom. I know it's been a while since I came to visit, but everything's been so hectic. Chase broke up with me, I'm moving to New York, and I'm bionic. I'm a superhuman freak with superhuman abilities." I let out a bitter laugh. "How crazy does that sound?" I ran my finger tips over the headstone, grazing the wording that was engraved. "I miss you so much, mommy. I feel like my life's been falling apart, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. There are so many nights where I dream about life with you still alive and healthy, and we're just a happy family again. I dream that we'd travel the world like we always wanted to, try foreign foods that scare us. A-and I hate that that can never happen." A rogue tear slipped down my cheek, and I didn't bother wiping it away. "I got into Columbia University, and I'm leaving next week. I don't know when I'll see you again, but I'll try to visit as much as possible. You're still my mommy, and I will always love you."