Face Off

I'm going to be changing a lot for this episode, so a majority of it will be original. What I want to happen won't happen if I make this chapter just like the episode. 

Chase POV

I felt like a walking zombie. With everyday that passed, the guilt I carried got heavier and heavier. Adam's super strength wouldn't be able to carry all this guilt. And it didn't help that my siblings pretty much hated me for breaking up with Alex. Did I blame them? Absolutely not. I hated myself, too. 

"Guys, you will never believe what just happened." Bree happily bounced over to Adam and I, a grin on her face. "Jake Chambers asked me to go to the winter dance." 

The mention of the dance settled weirdly in the pit of my stomach. "Jake Chambers?" Bree nodded, giddy. "The Jake Chambers?"

"Yes." 

"Who's Jake Chambers?" I questioned. 

Bree rolled her eyes. "The only guy who's even talked to me since people found out we were bionic. Apparently no one wants to date a girl who they think was unveiled at this year's auto shot." 

"Don't feel bad, Bree." Adam told her. "No one wants to date Chase either." 

My jaw clenched, my nostrils flaring in anger as they both laughed. "Oh, really? Well, who are you going to the dance with?" Why did they have to bring up Alex? It might have been indirect, but they still did it. 

Adam's face slowly fell. "No one." He walked into Principal Perry's office, just as Bree started talking to some guy.

The intercom blared to life, followed by Adam's voice. "Attention students: this is your principal, Principal Perry. Please report to the hallway where Bree Davenport is making a fool out of herself in front of the boy she has a crush on." 

The hallway erupted into laughter, Adam's fist bumping into mine once he walked out of the office. The boy, Jake Chambers walked away, leaving Bree to stew in anger and humiliation. She stomped over to us, anger evident on her face. "Why would you do that?"

"Hey. If Perry were alive, she'd want me to do this." Was Adam's explanation. 

"She's not dead." She rolled her eyes. "She's home with a cold." 

"You don't know that." He protested. "She could be dead by now and this is how I chose to honor her."

"Well, can't you embarrass someone else besides me?"

"I could." 

Before I could even comprehend what was happening, my jeans were being pulled down, pooling around my ankles. I quickly pulled them back up, my face reddening as everyone around me laughed.

Adam grinned. "But I'm better than that." 

Xxx

Bree stormed into the lab, the one place I tended to stay to avoid everyone. "Ugh, Adam is such a jerk. I cannot believe that he embarrassed me in front of Jake." 

"Wow, you're actually talking to me?" I muttered. 

She glared at me. "I need to vent." 

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "I know the perfect way to get revenge." I stood up, heading towards the cyber desk. "I have been working on an upgrade to Mr. Davenport's cybermasks." I retrieved said invention, grinning. "Now they're cybermasks and cloaks." 

My sister stared at me. "That's not revenge. That's you being a nerd."

I ignored her comment. "These perfectly mimic the face and the body of the person you're pretending to be. Now you can impersonate Perry and bust Adam." I took one of the chips and held it between my fingers. "Here is how I redesigned the electrical infrastructure."