Special Chapter: Little Skirmish

No one's POV.

Once the Barghest and the little Arch Devil came out from the gate, she immediately seek the overlord's presence but sadly he is not around. Knowing the Arch Devil's not fully adroit on waiting, she went to the sixth floor amphitheatre to kill some time with her new pet until Ains returns.

At the amphitheatre, Y/n quickly pick some Slane Theocracy knights that trapped from the abyss for a very long time.

Y/n: You should be all thankful that you're the chosen thin foils who's gonna help me to test my cute pet's abilities. *Smirk*

As expected, the Knights didn't cooperate willingly so she decide to take the first move and make a huge magic barrier so no one can escape.

Y/n: In this play we were in, I controlled your damn freedom so if I were you, I will simply comply and do what I must do in order to survive. *Smile*

Slane Knight: You monster. We were going to kill you and your demonic pet!

The Barghest gritted his white sharp teeth and take his attack form, signalling that he's ready to rip those humans apart but the Arch Devil held his pet to attack and take a neutral face to those knights.

Y/n: That's a good motivation but that ain't stop me for doing this experiment. OH, I almost forgot.. Here are the mechanics, If you defeat my cute enraging pet here, I would let you all go from this hell hole and live happily ever after but..if you lose, your going to be his first meal. Got it?

Out of desperation, the knights didn't take a minute to think as they all charge towards the Arch Devil and the Barghest. Y/n sighs, and gave an order to his pet.

Y/n: Rasalhague, Devour them.

The Barghest take a loud roar before taking the knights one by one with his chains on his body. Y/n silently watches but didn't let her guard down as the bloody massacre continues to entertain her.

Y/n: Ooh..like my instincts said, this one's not an ordinary Barghest at all. But, he seems so plain unlike Aura's pets. Hmmm...

Rasalhague went on her front view, wagging it's tail like a happy dog. She wanted to change Rasalhague on her likings so she levitate until she reached its bloody jaws with her small bare hands.

Y/n: Good boy, now, let's get your new upgrade, shall we? *Smile*

A dark purple aura emerge from her hands and change the Barghest's appearance. His horns were now huge and sharp, the chains also make their enhancements and create a dark metal tip on its ending. His four feet were now covered in black flame which suit on his dark fur and icy blue eyes like her master.

The New Barghest make a loud roar again and Arch Devil's aura vanished through the air as she sets her foot back to the ground.

Y/n: I wonder if Aniki has returned? Should we check him?

Rasalhague gently lick her master's face before lowering his body to the ground. The Arch Devil hops in on his back and use the ring of Ains Ooal Gown to teleport both of them to the overlord's office.

Once they've been teleported, they encountered a familiar guardian on the hallways. The Arch Devil remember his huge failure when executing her order, the doppelganger's cringed when he saw a diabolical signature grin showed on the Arch Devil's face.

Y/n: Oh-ho? What do we have here?

Pandora made an audible gulp as the Arch Devil made her way towards him.

Pandora's Actor: M-my fair lady, what a pleasant surprise to see you here.

Y/n: So am I. You know, I am eagerly wanted to see your presence to ask some..'questions' regarding on my last mission for ya'.