the one with a name

OMG I'm sorry I haven't updated in the past few weeks! I've been busy with final projects and papers in my college classes as the semester is coming to a close. I swear the professors wait until the end of the semester to give you all the homework and assignments, and it really pisses me off. Oh well. Here's a longer chapter for you, thank you so much for reading, adding this story, and commenting! It really makes my day.

Feel free to check out my new story, Pawn. It's an original, and it's really my first time ever posting something like that. Please let me know what you think! I have a preview of Pawn at the end of this chapter for any of you who are interested!

Cheers!

Ally Layne.

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

She was exhausted.

Lord Elrond used to tell her that shedding tears will sometimes make things better, rather than holding it in. However, this time, Huntress has realized he got it wrong. She wasn't feeling better. If anything, she was feeling worse.

Last night she decided to sleep farther away from the others and has been keeping to the outskirts of the group as much as she can. Huntress didn't want to get into another yelling match with Thorin or Dwalin. She didn't know if she'd be able to make it through another one.

Gandalf had been kind to her after seeing the state that she was in the previous night, and Bilbo started to move closer to her side while they were riding through the woods. The dwarves kept their distance.

Huntress was glad they did. She didn't know if she wanted to talk about it, anyway.

Currently, while they were riding through the forests that would lead them to Imladris, at least, if Gandalf and Huntress had their way.

The dwarves were talking amongst themselves, telling stories of the kingdoms of old, and the legends that have been passed on from generation to generation. Huntress normally would love to listen and participate in those discussions, but she felt far too raw to be around them.

Especially after what had been said to her last night.

Her eyes were starting to droop, but she fought to keep them open. She had hardly slept last night, as every time she found herself dozing off the screams of her people would soon echo in her nightmares.

She decided she didn't need to sleep.

Not if that was going to happen.

"You look like you're going to fall off your horse," Gandalf told Huntress gruffly before taking a puff from his pipe.

Huntress chose to ignore him and continued to keep her gaze on the trail in front of her.

"You cannot keep running from this, you know," he continued. "It is perfectly normal to grieve for those you have lost."

She stiffened. "Why do you say that?"

The old wizard looked at her thoughtfully. "You have not taken time to grieve for your brother's demise, Lady Huntress. Perhaps you should let yourself do so."

Her eyes flickered to the dwarves riding on their ponies in front of them. "I am not in proper company to do so."

Gandalf's eyes held a mysterious glint that Huntress didn't recognize. "I think you are in perfect company to do so, my friend. Maybe, you should consider building relationships rather than pushing them away."

She choked on her spit in shock. "I did no such thing!"

The wizard shrugged carelessly. "You have not made it easy for them to trust you, either."