Nova felt like she was a bit away from the battle so she ducked down to catch her breath. The smell of smoke was clogging up her lungs. She began to cough trying to clear up her throat but at the sound of a low growl caused her to freeze.

She didn't know where the sound was coming from. So she stayed on the ground, putting her hand to her mouth to cover her heavy breathing.

She listened closely glancing around. Yet, a chunk of wet saliva landed in front of her feet.

The beast was right above her.

Nova put her bow and arrow behind her bag that was hanging on her back and began to pull her long sword out.

But then, the sound of the beast went away. Nova stood in place for a couple of seconds until she felt like it was safe to step out.

Nova crawled out of her spot and just as she was about to stand up, a four legged dog jump onto her trying to bear its teeth into her skin.

Nova screamed out, using her bow to distance it's bloody teeth away from her, but she began to feel her arms weaken at the dogs strength. Nova glanced around noticing her sword was right there a foot away.

Reaching the sword would be impossible. It was a huge risk knowing that if she wasn't fast enough it would chew her head off.

She had to at least try.

Nova grit her teeth, and shoved an arrow down its mouth causing the dog to choke. She extended her hand out to the sword struggling to reach it with the dogs weight all on her. When the beast began to choke out the arrow, Nova felt her fingers finally grab the handle of the sword that she was ready to stab the beast.

"Nova!" She heard someone cry out. And that's when she felt her heart stop for a second. The beast who was close to biting her head off had its eyes rolling to the back of his head. She gasped almost screaming in fear when its body weight had fallen on her completely.

Someone had killed it. But who?

Nova held her breath trying to not suffocate but it she found it hard to get its body off of her. Her head began to spin with her eyes slowly closing.

When she allowed her eyes to be closed with her arms falling to the side, she no longer felt the beasts weight on her. Despite the person shaking her harshly she didn't feel the energy to open her eyes. It was like she was in a hole, at the bottom, falling endlessly with the person she couldn't quite make out was screaming her name.

She thought that she was slowly now dying.

That even the soft lips that were on her were just a hallucination.

Until she felt her body suddenly begin to move. Air was flowing through her air fast that she shot her eyes open, gasped. She pushed the person away and began to cough violently.

The person sat in front of her with their hands on her cheeks,"I'm okay" she assured the person, while she slowly met their eyes.

But she suddenly felt the air that was forced back into her being pushed out again. She breathed heavily with her eyes watering in shock.

Oh my god.

"T'Challa" she whispered,

He nodded, putting his hand to her cheek,"You scared me, I thought I—"

She didn't let him finish with her hand instantly closing against his cheek. T'Challa's face widened in shock with his cheek beginning to burn red.

Nova shook her head angrily. She stood up with him following her actions,"That was being gone for five years!" she bursted out,"Do you realize how long that was!?" She exclaimed,

T'Challa attempted to grab her, but she put her hands on his cheeks and kissed him hard surprising him yet again. But he gladly kissed back with his hands pulling her closer to her body.

He had missed her. She could feel it in the kiss. He was kissing her hard like there was no tomorrow and Nova didn't fight back on it. She felt the same exact way as he did, if not, worse. She kissed just as hard that if it weren't for the war going on around them, Nova would've continued this.

She pulled back with her lips now swollen. She panted letting the air back into her lungs. T'Challa darted his eyes between her with a smile coming onto his lips,"I'm not leaving you. Not ever"

Despite wanting to make a comment to that she felt something off. 

At the corner of her eyes she noticed an alien charging at them from behind.

Without a moment to hesitate, Nova at a blink of an eye, grabbed her bow and arrows and shot the alien straight at the chest.

She turned to T'Challa, giving him a stern look,"Don't jinx it."

————————————————
After the original plot of the Avengers Endgame there will still be a couple more chapters uploaded to show the aftermath of the battle, along with T'Challa and Novas relationship.