VEGENENCE

Dreams were often concluded to be a fabrication of reality simply made from matter, of particles

Dreams were often concluded to be a fabrication of reality simply made from matter, of particles. Others swore it was gateways to an alternate universe. So, what exactly was the explanation for the dreams Nova had?

"All of this is to keep you safe. Do you think I want to see my only daughter killed by humans?"

Nova's body moved on her own. The water in her lungs didn't suffocate her to death. In fact, it soothed her, almost as if she was being reminded of her mere existence, a child of the great sea.

"I'm sixteen, I'm not a child!" A young teenage girl spouted, taking her stand in front of the throne unlike any other. A twelve feet tall Magalodon jaw with jade teeth had hieroglyph carved into the bones. What was Njari doing here?

"Don't you take that tone with me, Aquetzalli. I am the Feather Serpent God. You are forbidden from going outside of the water and on land. That is final!"

"Listen to me!" Njari pleaded, her luscious jet black curls flowed around, nearly getting in her face. "Mom?" The teenager looked to Nova.

Nova panicked. She didn't know what to do. It was as if her dream didn't allow her to interfere. She tried harder this time to swim toward the child, but she was too late. Njari was gone and off to the water city. Nova turned around to stare at the Namor, El Niño sin amor.

What was she doing here? Nova didn't belong in the water.

"You are very hard on her" the words came out without hesitation. She approached the God who was too ashamed to meet her gaze.

"I'm her father, I'm suppose to be."

"She looks up to you" Nova fought as hard as she could to get away from the God, but she lost control. The dream was slowly turning into a nightmare. "All she wants to do is prove to you she can be just as great as you."

His previous fury evaporated. Namor frowned, shaking his head. "I thought I lost her." He swam away from his throne, holding her. Nova's arm automatically wrapped around him. The spy grew uncomfortable.

"You didn't. Our girl is strong. Give her a chance. Maybe the surface dwellers have changed."

A gasp echoed. Nova abruptly sat up. Immediately she recognized she was no longer in her torn up dress. Instead she was in what looked similar to the dress Shuri was in. The fabric against her skin appeared gold with quetzal feathers and jewels wrapped around her neck as an accessory.

"Your awake" Namor stood up from the nearby wooden chair. He grabbed the clay cup from the small table and offered it to her. "Drink this."

Nova reached out to grab it, but she stopped. How could she be so sure that this wasn't poisoned? "I'm fine" her voice strained. It was hard to talk with her throat all dry along with the agonizing shrieks of sorrow she released within the past couple of hours.